Wednesday, June 04, 2014

QUOTES OF THE WEEK

Sometimes we elevate loyalty to a virtue without considering to whom we are being loyal. Any loyalty that hinders your obedience to God is a treasonous act to be avoided. - Evangelist Wil Rice

If you want to lift yourself up, lift up someone else. -- Booker T. Washington

A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on. -- Winston Churchill

He who knows best knows how little he knows. -- Thomas Jefferson

I confess that in 1901 I said to my brother Orville that man would not fly for fifty years. -- Wilbur Wright

How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think. -- Adolf Hitler

Although a soldier by profession, I have never felt any sort of fondness for war, and I have never advocated it, except as a means of peace. -- Ulysses S. Grant

A pessimist is one who makes difficulties of his opportunities and an optimist is one who makes opportunities of his difficulties." -- Harry S. Truman

I attribute my success to this: I never gave or took any excuse. -- Florence Nightingale

"Imagination creates reality." -- Richard Wagner

No comments:

 
mobile='yes'