Sunday, November 10, 2013

SOMEBODY BIGGER THAN YOU AND I

ISAIAH 51:7-16                                                  Pastor Rick Jackson


Who made the mountain, who made the tree,
Who made the river flow to the sea,
And who hung the moon in the starry sky?
Somebody bigger than you and I.

Who made the flowers bloom in the spring,
Who writes the song for the robin to sing,
And who sends the rain when the earth is dry?
Somebody bigger than you and I.

He lights the way when the road is long.
Keeps you company;
With love to guide you,
He walks beside you.
Just like He walks with me.

When I am weary, filled with despair,
Who gives me courage to go on from there,
And who gives me faith that will never die?
Somebody bigger than you.... and I
Written by- Johnny Lange, Hy Heath, Sonny Burke

 

I. GOD KNOWS BETTER THAN I DO

 

1. He Knows Each Person [Ps. 139:1-16]

2. He Knows Every Situation [Ps. 139:17-24]

3. He Knows What They Need [Matthew 6:32 For… your heavenly Father knoweth that ye have need of all these things.]

 

II. GOD CARES MORE THAN I DO

 

1. He Cares for Them [1 Peter 5:7 Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you.]

2. He Cares About Their Circumstances [Mark 4:35-41]

3. He Cares About Their Future [Jude 1:24, Rm. 8:22ff]

 

III. GOD CAN DO MORE THAN I CAN

 

1. He Has the Plan [Genesis 50:20 But as for you, ye thought evil against me; but God meant it unto good, to bring to pass, as it is this day, to save much people alive.]

2. He Has the Patience [2 Peter 3:9-15]

3. He Has the Power [2 Corinthians 12:9 And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.]

No comments:

 
mobile='yes'