Sunday, April 14, 2013

GOING TOO FAR

EZEKIEL 14:1-11                                                                 Pastor Rick Jackson

 

Several months ago a worker at our house found a snake skin so we knew we had one around. Last week we saw him right past our deck. A 5 foot yellow rat snake. I put him in some bushes away from the house and Clydie was fine with that. Yesterday Clydie was sitting on the deck repotting some plants and she look up and the snake was on the deck drinking water out of the dog’s bowl- not 5’ from where Clydie was sitting! Now the snake lives out at Crosby Lake Cemetery near the pond. Why? It went too far.

Nations go too far. The unsaved go too far. Saved people go too far. There comes a point where God just will not put up with it anymore.

 

I. WHEN A NATION GOES TOO FAR

1. It Becomes a Reproach [Proverbs 14:34 Righteousness exalteth a nation: but sin is a reproach to any people.]

2. It Becomes Cursed [Ez. 14:12-22]

3. It Becomes an Example [Deuteronomy 28:37]

And thou shalt become an astonishment, a proverb, and a byword, among all nations whither the LORD shall lead thee.

1 Kings 9:7 Then will I cut off Israel out of the land which I have given them; and this house, which I have hallowed for my name, will I cast out of my sight; and Israel shall be a proverb and a byword among all people:

2 Chronicles 7:20 Then will I pluck them up by the roots out of my land which I have given them; and this house, which I have sanctified for my name, will I cast out of my sight, and will make it to be a proverb and a byword among all nations.

 

II. WHEN THE HEATHEN GO TOO FAR

1. Life Becomes Hard [Proverbs 13:15 Good understanding giveth favour: but the way of transgressors is hard.]

2. Life Becomes Hopeless [Genesis 6:3]

And the LORD said, My spirit shall not always strive with man, for that he also is flesh °: yet his days shall be an hundred and twenty years.

3. Life Becomes Death [Rev. 20:14]

 

III. WHEN THE CHRISTIAN GOES TOO FAR

1. There are Serious Consequences [Heb. 12:5-14]

2. There are Spiritual Consequences [Ps. 51:12, 1 Corinthians 9:27]

3. There are Physical Consequences [1 Cor. 11:30-32]

No comments:

 
mobile='yes'