Monday, April 01, 2013

BE THE DONKEY!

Adapted from the late Ivor Powell by Pastor Rick Jackson

 

The donkey or ass… is a domesticated member of the Equidae or horse family. A male donkey or ass is called a jack, a female a jenny or jennet; a young donkey is a foal. Jack donkeys are often used to produce mules.Asses were first domesticated around 3000 BC and have spread around the world. They continue to fill important roles in many places today. As beasts of burden and companions, asses and donkeys have worked together with humans for millennia.

 

I. THE SAVED DONKEY [Ex. 34:20]

 

If you could have asked a donkey in Israel why he worked so hard he’d probably say, “Are you kidding me? I have been redeemed. I had the sentence of death upon myself but was saved by the blood of the Lamb. I am working because I have been redeemed. I don’t work to be redeemed- I work because I am redeemed.”

 

II. THE SPEAKING DONKEY [Num. 22:21-34]

 

A man’s life was saved because of this donkey. When we give the Words of Life souls can be saved for all eternity [Acts 5:20] We can also speak to help those that are saved [2 Pet. 2:15-16, 2 Corinthians 5:11]

 

III. THE SURRENDERED DONKEY [Mark 11:1-10]

 

No rebellion here, no kicking at what God asks, no braying and complaining- just simple submission to the will of God.

 

IV. THE SACRIFICED DONKEY [Judges 15:14-16]

 

This donkey did more in death it seems than in life. We serve the Lord better by dying to self.

John 12:24 Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except a corn of wheat fall into the ground and die, it abideth alone: but if it die, it bringeth forth much fruit.

1 Corinthians 15:31 I protest by your rejoicing  which I have in Christ Jesus our Lord, I die daily.

No comments:

 
mobile='yes'