Monday, January 14, 2013

Things We Know


Things We Know

Click here to see
the web version of this Days of Praise
 
  January 2013
Things We Know
"And when the chief Shepherd shall appear, ye shall receive a crown of glory that fadeth not away." (1 Peter 5:4)
 
In these days of relativism, situational ethics, and changing mores, it does a Christian good to note the many things in Scripture we can know, things we can count on, things that do not change. Following is a sampling of such truths, with little comment, intended to encourage the reader to extend the list, perhaps as an ongoing project.
 
We can know that Christ is God: "I and my Father are one" (John 10:30).
 
We can know that we are saved: "He that believeth on me hath everlasting life" (John 6:47).
 
We can know we are His dear children: "Beloved, now are we the sons of God" (1 John 3:2).
 
We can know His protection: "And they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand" (John 10:28).
 
We can know He answers prayer: "If ye shall ask any thing in my name, I will do it" (John 14:14).
 
We can know He will help us through temptation: "In that he himself hath suffered being tempted, he is able to succour them that are tempted" (Hebrews 2:18).
 
We can know how we should act: "For I have given you an example, that ye should do as I have done" (John 13:15).
 
We can know He desires us to speak on His behalf: "Be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you" (1 Peter 3:15).
 
We can know that He will come again: "I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also" (John 14:3).
 
We can know of our eternal rewards, as in today's verse: "An inheritance incorruptible, and undefiled, and that fadeth not away, reserved in heaven for you" (1 Peter 1:4). JDM
 

 
Institute for
Creation Research - 1806 Royal Lane, Dallas TX 75229
| Print this article  Subscribe



No comments:

 
mobile='yes'