Wednesday, May 02, 2012

WHAT DO YOU KNOW ABOUT FAITH?

Pastor Rick Jackson                        

HEBREWS 11:6


I. WE NEED TO HAVE A BIBLE FAITH

There's not a single thing in this world that you need more as a Christian than simple everyday Bible faith. - Lee Roberson

1. Faith in God [Mark 11:22 And Jesus answering saith unto them, Have faith in God.]

2. Faith in the Lord Jesus Christ [John 14:1 Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me.]

3. Faith in the Word of God [Matthew 5:18

For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.

In the hour when your heart is broken, you are not concerned about philosophies of Dale Carnegie or Norman Vincent Peale. You want the Word of God and to know that He is by your side. – Roberson



II. WE NEED TO HAVE A BELIEVING FAITH

1.  A Believing Faith is the Key to Assurance of Salvation [1 John 5:13]

These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God.

2. A Believing Faith is the Key to Answered Prayers [Mark 11:24]

Therefore I say unto you, What things soever ye desire, when ye pray, believe that ye receive them, and ye shall have them.

3.  A Believing Faith is the Key to the Abundant Life [John 10:10]

The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.

It's faith in God that gives you roses in December. - Lee Roberson



III. WE NEED TO HAVE A BOLD FAITH

Never be afraid to trust an unknown future to an all-knowing God. - J.R. Faulkner

1. A Bold Faith Will Lead to a Sanctified Life [James 2:18]

Yea, a man may say, Thou hast faith, and I have works: shew me thy faith without thy works, and I will shew thee my faith by my works.

2. A Bold Faith Will Lead to a Satisfied Life [II Tm. 4:7-8]

I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith: Henceforth there is laid up for me a crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous judge, shall give me at that day: and not to me only, but unto all them also that love his appearing.

Someone has said, "The man who walks with God always gets to his destination." - Lee Roberson

3. A Bold Faith Will Lead to a Soul-conscious Life [Acts 4:13]

Now when they saw the boldness of Peter and John, and perceived that they were unlearned and ignorant men, they marvelled; and they took knowledge of them, that they had been with Jesus.

Acts 4:29 And now, Lord, behold ° their threatenings: and grant unto thy servants, that with all boldness they may speak thy word,

Acts 4:31 And when they had prayed, the place was shaken where they were assembled together; and they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and they spake the word of God with boldness.

2 Corinthians 7:4 Great is my boldness of speech toward you, great is my glorying of you: I am filled with comfort, I am exceeding joyful in all our tribulation.

Ephesians 3:12 In whom we have boldness and access with confidence by the faith of him.

Philippians 1:20 According to my earnest expectation and my hope, that in nothing I shall be ashamed, but that with all boldness, as always, so now also Christ shall be magnified in my body, whether it be by life, or by death.

You get in God's business and you'll have God's blessing. - Lee Roberson

No comments:

 
mobile='yes'