Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Quotes of the Week

The enemy wants you emotionally invested in the wrong things so you will be unable to engage in the right things. - Scott Mitchell

The Easter message is "Come and see", "Go and Tell". - Warren W.Wiersbe

We need to hear from Heaven, we have heard from earth all week. - J. Don Jennings
-----------------------------------------------
All the quotes below are from the book Fulfilled Journey by A.E. and Beate Wilder-Smith

May many people be blessed and encouraged by this book to commit their lives fully to God. We want them to make the same discovery as we did; namely, that He does not always spare you suffering and difficulties, but lovingly stays close by you in the middle of it. This assurance gives peace, joy and confidence. [pg. 8]

If you have clarity in one thing, act and live accordingly, otherwise you will lose this clarity. What was not clear to me was overcome with sincere prayer to God for clarity. Read and hold in your heart the Word, even when you do not understand various things. Ponder the other things in your heart until God gives you enlightenemnt. So I have been, for sixty years, a practical student of the Word of God. The more one learns and does, the greater are the resulting insights. [pg. 87]

The family is the real foundation, not just for social life, but for the life of faith. Politicians who issue anti-family decrees are enemies of the Christian faith. [pg. 146]

At that time I was just twenty-one years old. According to the Holy Scripture, my education, and the example of my parents, it was clear to me that I would never marry a non-believer. Conscientiously, I thus far had not engaged in close friendships with young men, because my dear mother had provided us daughters with very good advice which I would like to pass on to every young girl, since, after over forty years of observations it has proven to be true. This advice from my mother was, "Every little game of love takes away part of the large and genuine love. Therefore wait and save your heart for the one, the one man designated by God for you!" - Beate [pg. 150-151]

The standard in our family life was the Holy Scriptures, the Bible, according to which we tried to regulate our daily life- not legalistically, but in loving obedience towards our Heavenly Father. [pg. 169]

Even today, we see the generous helping deeds of the USA with regard to suffering nations- certainly food for thought. Not the slightest gesture in that regard came from Russia and other countries with atheistic ideologies. is this surprising? [pg. 206]

In my experience, happiness and fulfillment originate in serving others with my will and my gifts. Happiness is never an end in itself, but a wonderful by-product of making other people happy. What is more fulfilling, and realizes our character better, than making our fellow men happy through using our talents and imagination to this end? By chasing after happiness and self-fulfillment as an end in itself you will always want more and more- and never be ultimatelu saitified. - Beate [pg. 243]

1 comment:

Pasture Scott said...

Rick, I am so honored you included me in this brother. The truth came from a deep place this morning as the Spirit counseled my heart. I am humbled, good fried.

The excerpts from the book are wonderful. The advice given to young ladies is really something. Sandy and I know a few girls who will benefit. Thank you for sharing.

Keep this up as it goads us all to stay in the good fight!

 
mobile='yes'