Thursday, August 12, 2010

POEM OF THE WEEK - I MET THE MASTER

I had walked life's way with an easy tread;
Had followed where pleasure and comfort led.
Until one day in a quiet place,
I met the Master face-to-face.

With station and rank and wealth for my goal;
Much thought for my body and none for my soul.
I had entered to win in life's mad race,
When I met the Master face-to-face.

I met Him and knew Him and blushed to see,
That His eyes, full of sorrow, were fixed on me.
And I faltered and fell at His feet that day,
While my castles melted and vanished away.

Melted and vanished and in their place,
Naught else did I see but the Master's face.
And I cried aloud "Oh, make me meek,
To follow the steps of Thy wounded feet."

My thoughts are now for the souls of men.
I have lost my life to find it again.
Ever since that day in a quiet place,
I met the Master face-to-face!


Author Unknown

No comments:

 
mobile='yes'