Sunday, August 29, 2010

CONFESSION OF FAITH - CHRIST

1 Timothy 3:16 And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.

Pastor Rick Jackson

We believe in the deity, virgin birth, and bodily resurrection of Jesus Christ.

I. THE DEITY OF THE CHRIST

Obviously we could prove the deity of Christ in many places in the Scripture. John 1, 8; Col. 1, Heb. 1 come to mind immediately but then so does Isaiah…

1. Clearly Stated [Is. 9:6]

2. Logically Defended [Isaiah 42:8]

I am the LORD: that is my name: and my glory will I not give to another, neither my praise to graven images.
1 Corinthians 2:8 Which none of the princes of this world knew: for had they known it, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory.

3. Amply Attested [Isaiah 43]

1 But now thus saith the LORD that created thee, O Jacob, and he that formed thee, O Israel, Fear not: for I have redeemed thee, I have called thee by thy name; thou art mine.
Colossians 1:16 For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:

2 When thou passest through the waters, I will be with thee; and through the rivers, they shall not overflow thee: when thou walkest through the fire, thou shalt not be burned; neither shall the flame kindle upon thee.

Matthew 28:20 Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen.

3 For I am the LORD thy God, the Holy One of Israel, thy Saviour: I gave Egypt for thy ransom, Ethiopia and Seba for thee.
Acts 3:14 But ye denied the Holy One and the Just, and desired a murderer to be granted unto you;

10 Ye are my witnesses, saith the LORD, and my servant whom I have chosen: that ye may know and believe me, and understand that I am he: before me there was no God formed, neither shall there be after me.
Acts 1:8 But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth.

11 I, even I, am the LORD; and beside me there is no saviour.
Titus 2:10, 13 Not purloining, but shewing all good fidelity; that they may adorn the doctrine of God our Saviour in all things. Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ;

14 Thus saith the LORD, your redeemer, the Holy One of Israel; For your sake I have sent to Babylon, and have brought down all their nobles, and the Chaldeans, whose cry is in the ships.
Titus 2:14 Who gave himself for us, that he might redeem us from all iniquity, and purify unto himself a peculiar people, zealous of good works.

II. THE VIRGIN BIRTH OF CHRIST [Isaiah 7:14]

1. The Prophecies of the Virgin Birth [Gn. 3:15, Jer. 31:22]

2. The Purposes of the Virgin Birth

3. The Person of the Virgin Birth [Is. 9:6]


III. THE BODILY RESURRECTION OF CHRIST [ISAIAH 53]

1. The Suffering of the Lord Jesus Christ [v. 1-3]

2. The Substitionary Death of the Lord Jesus Christ [v. 4-9]

3. The Satisfaction of the Risen Lord Jesus Christ [v. 10-12]

No comments:

 
mobile='yes'