Sunday, May 31, 2009

THE RIGHT RESPONSE CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE

EXODUS 33

Pastor Rick Jackson

I. GOD'S RESPONSE TO ISRAEL'S SIN [v. 1-3]

1. I will keep My Word [v. 1]

2. I will send My Angel [v. 2]

3. I will not go in your midst [v. 3]

II. ISRAEL'S RESPONSE TO GOD'S REACTION [v. 4-10]

1. They Mourned [v. 4a, Mt.5:4]

Blessed are they that mourn: for they shall be comforted.
Zechariah 12:10 And I will pour upon the house of David, and upon the inhabitants of Jerusalem, the spirit of grace and of supplications: and they shall look upon me whom they have pierced, and they shall mourn for him, as one mourneth for his only son, and shall be in bitterness for him, as one that is in bitterness for his firstborn.

2. They Obeyed [v. 4b-6]

3. They Worshipped [v. 7-10]

Hebrews 13:13 Let us go forth therefore unto him without the camp, bearing his reproach.

III. THE RESPONSE OF AND TO PRAYER [v. 11-23, James 4:16-18]

1. The Rest of Presence [v. 11-14, Hebrews 4:9]

There remaineth therefore a rest to the people of God.
Isaiah 11:10 And in that day there shall be a root of Jesse, which shall stand for an ensign of the people; to it shall the Gentiles seek: and his rest shall be glorious.

2. The Rest of Separation [v. 15-17, I Peter 2:1-12]

3. The Rest of Glory [v. 18-23, Psalm 16:9]

Therefore my heart is glad, and my glory rejoiceth: my flesh also shall rest in hope.
2 Corinthians 12:9 And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.

No comments:

 
mobile='yes'