Friday, March 20, 2009

THE PLACE CALLED HEAVEN

JOHN 14:1-6

Pastor Rick Jackson

Tomorrow I preach a funeral for a woman I barely knew and I have no problem doing that. A funeral service should not be based on whether or not the preacher knew the person whose funeral it is but helping those gathered to know the One who makes it possible for anyone to go to Heaven following their own death. The lady whose funeral I am to preach, I have been told, had trust the Lord Jesus Christ as her Saviour. This makes my job much easier. I can give solid comfort to the family, and hope for a reunion on the basis of God's word.

Many years ago as a young preacher I asked the Lord to give me a "funeral" message that would honor Him. comfort the believers, and help the unbeliever come to Him. This is the message He gave me and He has seen fit, by His grace, to bless it and and untold number have come to saving faith through it including many members of my own earthly family--- some of whom have gone on to Heaven themselves only to have this message preached at their funeral!

There are many things I could say today that you would soon forget but I want to draw your attention to the Word of God and if you try these things can give you strength and help not only today but for the rest of your life. For these are not the word of some preacher but the Words of the Lord Jesus Himself concerning the place called Heaven.

I. Heaven is an Assured Place [v. 1]

2. Heaven is an Abundant Place [v. 2a]

3. Heaven is a Distant Place [v. 2b-3]

4. Heaven is a Prepared Place [v. 2c]

5. Heaven is a Populated Place [v. 3]

6. Heaven is a Reserved Place [v. 4-6]

1 John 5:13 These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God.

No comments:

 
mobile='yes'