Saturday, January 24, 2009

GOD'S DAILY SCHEDULE

Psalm 118:24 This is the day which the LORD hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it.

Pastor Rick Jackson

Years ago when I was a teacher I had a 7th grade boy whose gimmick was that he always was having a terrible day. I tried joking with him and reasoning with him but to no avail. I realized I was no better off than him with my so-called attempts at helping him see the light. I prayed about it and then I saw the light! Whenever he would complain about the day I would quote Ps. 118:24. Eventually he got to the point he no longer complained (around me anyway). I learned a lesson, this is the day the Lord hath made... we WILL rejoice and be glad in it! But what do we have to rejoice in? What is God doing this day? What is God's daily schedule like? Does God have a daily schedule? The answer is "Yes! and so should we!"

I. PART OF GOD'S DAILY SCHEDULE!


1. ADD TO THE CHURCH [Acts 2:47]

And the Lord added to the church daily such as should be saved.

2. EXTEND MERCY [Lamentations 3:22-23]

It is of the LORD'S mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not. They are new every morning: great is thy faithfulness.

3. EXTEND BENEFITS [Psalm 68:19]

Blessed be the Lord, who daily loadeth us with benefits, even the God of our salvation. Selah.

II. THE BEGINNER'S SCHEDULE FOR THE DAY


1. LISTEN TO CREATION & THE CREATOR [Ps. 19:1-8]

2. SETTLE SALVATION SINCERELY [II Cor. 6:2]

(For he saith, I have heard thee in a time accepted, and in the day of salvation have I succoured thee: behold, now is the accepted time; behold, now is the day of salvation.)

3. FOCUS ON TODAY [Jm. 4:13-15]

Go to now, ye that say, To day or to morrow we will go into such a city, and continue there a year, and buy and sell, and get gain: Whereas ye know not what shall be on the morrow. For what is your life? It is even a vapour, that appeareth for a little time, and then vanisheth away. For that ye ought to say, If the Lord will, we shall live, and do this, or that.

III. THE INTERMEDIATE'S SCHEDULE FOR THE DAY


1. PRAY [Mt. 6:9-11]

After this manner therefore pray ye: ...Give us this day our daily bread.

2. SEARCH THE SCRIPTURES [Acts 17:11]

These were more noble than those in Thessalonica, in that they received the word with all readiness of mind, and searched the scriptures daily, whether those things were so.

3. DIE TO SELF [Lk. 9:23]

And he said to them all, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross daily, and follow me.

1 Corinthians 15:31 I protest by your rejoicing which I have in Christ Jesus our Lord, I die daily.

Psalms 118:24 This is the day which the LORD hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it.

Preached at Bradford Baptist Church last Sunday (Jan. 18) but failed to post for some reason.

No comments:

 
mobile='yes'