Wednesday, June 11, 2008

All in a day. WOW, read what GOD did in a restaurant.

This was sent to me by Sumner Wemp on Jan 21, 2008. I don't know why I waited until today to post it. Maybe someone needs the encouragement now.

"All in a day" One day last week, Celeste and I went out to eat. The receptionist was very friendly and I gave her "Your ticket to heaven." She grabbed it and said, "Oh, I need that." I have heard the same statement scores of time. I always reply, "We all do. Just do what it says at the end of the tract from your heart."

When the waitress came and took our order, I gave her "Your Ticket to Heaven" tract. You should have seen her face. He eyes fill up and she said, "How did you know I needed that?" I told her, "I know we all need a ticket to heaven and asked her to be sure to read it and do what it says at the end from her heart. The restaurant was filled and they were very busy. She came back to the table and literally was sobbing she was so burdened.

A waiter stopped at our table and just said, "Hi". I gave him a Ticket to Heaven" tract and he saw it and blurted out, "Can I have another one to give my friend.

As we were leaving, the bar tender stepped out just ahead of us and smiled at me. I take such things as an invitation to get the gospel to him. I gave him a "Ticket to Heaven." He said, "Hey, I like that. I will read it".Then I told him, "Just do what it says at the end from your heart."

Celeste and I went back there today to eat. Teressa, the waitress, was at the point of tears today. I poured the gospel into her and she either got saved or assurance of her salvation today. The bar tender was "so glad" to see me today and he assured me he was saved but not where he ought to be.

People ask me, "how do you stay so fired up? Simple, just doing what you just read and seeing God work in people's lives. The harvest is plenteous. We Christians just aren't sowing enough seeds.

Join the 10,000 who get our brief encouraging and teaching Emails MWF. Write me at sumner@sumnerwemp.com. See our web site www.sumnerwemp.com for great motivation, encouragement and much more, then enter our free book drawing. Get our newest tract, "Your Ticket to Heaven" Call 1-877-827-2871 to order them. ABC Sumner

The quote of the month is by Jay Leno : 'With hurricanes, tornados, fires out of control, mud slides, flooding, severe thunderstorms tearing up the country from one end to another, and with the threat of bird flu and terrorist attacks, 'Are we sure this is a good time to take God out of the Pledge of Allegiance?'' AMEN AND AMEN.

No comments:

 
mobile='yes'