Friday, March 23, 2007

God uses tracts, do you?

A fellow pastor walked up to our table and said, "Wemp, you ought to write a tract". That opened up for me a ministry to millions. It can for your too.

Every member of your church cannot preach from the pulpit as you do. Everyone can not preach on a radio, nor on TV but EVERYONE can graciously hand a tract to everyone they have a moment of personal contact. Tell me, what is your strategy for "preaching the gospel to EVERY person" Mk 16:15. A good gospel tract is one of the easiest ways I have found and it works.

One day, I handed a tract to a service station manager. He blurted out, "Where have you been? I have been trying to get saved for three weeks. Tell me what to do." Anyone could have led him to Christ. God had him so ready. And that is the key, just look for the ones God has ready. By the way, I have often thought how many other Christians missed the privilege and the eternal reward by now witnessing to him those three weeks he was searching.

I told him how God loves him and the Lord Jesus suffered and died for his sins, paid the debt in full, rose again and was seen by hundreds of people." He said to me, "I never heard it like that before" and most others have not. Of course, I went into a little more details until he assured me he understood (Matt 13:23) and was ready to be saved. He gladly prayed with me to receive the Lord Jesus and went out with me and told my friend in the car, "I just got saved." That is the only way we are gong to change the word, one soul at a time by ALL OF US.

By the way, we are commanded to "preach the gospel" not convict the sinner. If you and I will give them the good news, you can be sure the Holy Spirit will do His part and convict them of sin. Make sense.

To God be the gory, I have hundreds of stories just like that or even better. You see, I take seriously the command to "preach the gospel to every person." Of course I do not make it one hundred percent but I have learned if I do the best I can at it, God will have someone ready over and over. He that sows sparingly will reap sparingly. It is as simple as that.

Summary:

1. Believe God that we are to get the "gospel" the good news, CHRIST DIED FOR OUR SINS, to EVERY person. "He did not many mighty works there because of their unbelief".

2. Obey God and like Peter say, "At thy word I will" Lk 5:5. Remember he caught the biggest catch of his life when he did. You will too if you sow plentifully.

3. Keep clean.. Like David, confess your sins, and "then will ...sinners be converted unto thee" Ps 51:13.

4. Give God the glory. GOD DOES IT. You and I cannot take one ounce of credit. If you are a soul-winner, you know that better than anyone.

5. Write your own gospel tract. When I wrote my first tract, our people began to give out tracts like never before. It made a big time difference.They could give the tract and say, "My pastor wrote that." People took it more readily and read it. It brought people to our church. Best advertisement you could want.

David needed a Nathan to put his finger in David's face and say, "Thou art the man". That is one of the things a mentor should do. Seriously, how are you "preaching the gospel to EVERY creature?" That man in the store, service station etc? Try tracts, they work. It opens more doors than you can imagine.

Love you, ABC, Sumner Wemp

"For the son of man is come to seek and to save that which was lost" Lk 19:10.

"He that winneth souls is wise" Pro 11:30 someone added, "He that does not is foolish"

"I say unto you, that likewise joy shall be in heaven over one sinner that repenteth more than over ninety and nine just persons which need no repentance" Lk 15:7.

Win souls! Sumner

Give 1 2 every 1 go to http://www.gnpcb.org/product/663575730699 to see and get them. (clip and paste if the link doesn't work)

No comments:

 
mobile='yes'