Saturday, June 24, 2006

GLIMPSES OF GLORY

D. L. Moody died about seven a.m. December 22, 1899 with a note of victory. He said the following at his death: "I see earth receding; heaven is approaching. God is calling me. This is my triumph. This is my coronation day. It is glorious. God is calling and I must go. Mama, you have been a good wife...no pain...no valley...it's bliss."

When John R. Rice was 6 years old his mother was dying. They called in all the family and she made them all promise to meet her in Heaven. All were weeping but her. She asked for a hymn to be sung and when asked which she replied, How Firm A Foundation. As they sang she rejoiced and clapped while the others wept. My friend, Robert L. Sumner, wrote in his biography of John Rice, Man Sent from God, "Lifting her hands high and gazing as if seeing through the ceiling and roof to the far-off Heaven, she said, 'I can see Jesus and my baby now!' Then... she smiled, and was asleep in Jesus."

When Aunt Vera was passing this week. She looked past Barb and Trish and saw glory. Her face regained lost color, her eyes sparkled and a wide grin spread across her face. Barb believed she glimpsed glory. She's there now.

What about this? Is is true? I have heard of many such events. We have the Bible and we have brains, let's use both.

I. SOME ARE FALSE

1. Some are deliberate deception told by liars or charlatans (some folks changed their stories)

2. Some can be demonic deception (Dr. Bob Jones Sr. told of such an occurence that happened to him when he was but a young Christian- I Jn. 4:1-6)

3. Some can be medically or mentally induced (Jer. 17:9)

II. SOME ARE GENUINE

1. A Biblical example (Acts 7:54-8:1)

2. Some Biblical conditions (II Cor. 12:1-4)

3. Is it Biblically correct? (Rev. 21:9-22:6)

III. SOME WILL DO MORE THAN GLIMPSE IT!

1. There is coming a day (Rev. 21:1-4)

2. There is a crowd going (Rev. 21:5-7, I Jn. 5:4-5)

3. There is a crowd NOT going (Rev. 21:8)

No comments:

 
mobile='yes'