Thursday, June 08, 2006

COURSE REQUIREMENTS FOR LIFE

DT. 10:12

Rick Jackson

School has ended for many and is about to start for others. I remember many teachers would use the first class period to discuss class requirements. What was expected of the students. It some cases this was broken down into “A” requirements, “B” requirements, etc. Requirements are not just in school, there are requirements at work, requirements at home, to get a driver’s license, and so on. God also has requirements and His are the most important you will ever hear.

I. COURSE REQUIREMENTS FOR THE PREACHER (II TIM.)


Do I have a responsibility for what I preach? How I preach?

1. Hold fast to the Word (1:13-2:14)

2. Study the Word (2:15-3:17)

3. Preach the Word (4:1-8)

II. COURSE REQUIREMENTS FOR ISRAEL (I COR. 10:11, DT. 10:12)

1. Fear the Lord (Ps. 111:10, Pr. 1:7, 9:10)

2. Walk in all His ways (Eph. 5:11)

3. Love and serve Him (Mt. 22:36-38)

III. COURSE REQUIREMENTS FOR ALL PEOPLE

If preachers have a responsibility for what they preach do others have a responsibility for how they listen?

1. The state of our souls (Lk. 12:20)

2. The state of our service (Lk. 12:47-48)

3. The state of our stewardship (I Cor. 4:1-5)

No comments:

 
mobile='yes'