Saturday, May 13, 2006

A MOTHER'S DAY EXAMPLE

Rick Jackson dedicates this message to his mother who went to be with the Lord in September 2005. This year she gets to spend Mother's Day with her mother!

I SAMUEL 1

There are many mothers mentioned in the Bible. Eve and Elisabeth, Rebekah and Rachel, Sarah and Hagar, Ruth and Naomi, and many, many more both good and bad. There are few mothers, in my opinion, that shine like Hannah, the mother of Samuel.

I. SHE WAS SURE OF HER OWN SALVATION

(I Sm. 2:1, I Jn. 5:13, Rm. 3:23, 6:23, 5:8, 10:9-13) D. L. Moody said he never knew an effective soul-winner who doubted their own salvation.

II. SHE WAS PERSISTENT IN HER PRAYERS

A wise woman will pray for children, then pray for her children, and pray with her children. (I Th. 5:17, Lk. 18:1, Jer. 33:3, Jm. 4:2). John R. Rice said, "All our failures are prayer failures".

III. SHE WAS A WOMAN OF HER WORD

(I Sm. 1:11, 28; Eccl. 5:4-5, Mt. 5:37, Ps. 15:4)

IV. SHE WAS METICULOUS IN HER MOTHERHOOD (I Sm. 1:22, 2:12, 3:13)

She didn't leave it to chance... or Eli! She raised Samuel right from his earliest days (as did Moses' mother). Not the school, not the church, not the world---the HOME!

V. SHE WORKED AT THE WILL AND WORD OF GOD! (I Sm. 2:2-10, II Tm. 1:5, 3:15)


VI. SHE CONTINUED TO CARE (I Sm. 2:19, Jude 22)

Many is the person who has testified their mother's prayers have followed them.

No comments:

 
mobile='yes'