Monday, September 07, 2026

TIMELESS TRUTHS FROM JONAH’S 1st CHAPTER

Pastor Rick Jackson

 

I. WHAT SOME PEOPLE GET

1. Some People get Concerned because of Trouble

[v. 1-8, 2 Chr. 15:4]

-But when they in their trouble did turn unto the LORD God of Israel, and sought him, he was found of them.

2. Some People get Convinced because of a Testimony

[v. 9-10, 1 Pt. 3:15]

-But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear:

3. Some People get Converted because of the Truth

[v. 14-16, Jn. 8:32, Rm. 10:16]

-And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.

-But they have not all obeyed the gospel. For Esaias saith, Lord, who hath believed our report?

 

II. WHAT ACCOMPANIES GOD

1. God's Presence accompanies God's Will

[v. 1-3, Mt. 28:19-20]

-Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen.

2. God's Purpose accompanies God's Work

[v. 2, 4, 11-16, Eph. 3:10-12, Is. 55:11]

-To the intent that now unto the principalities and powers in heavenly places might be known by the church the manifold wisdom of God, According to the eternal purpose which he purposed in Christ Jesus our Lord: In whom we have boldness and access with confidence by the faith of him.

-So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it.

3. God's Preparation accompanies God's Wisdom

[v. 4, 17; 4:6-8]

 

III. WHAT CHRISTIANS ARE NOT

1. Christians are Not Flawless [v. 1-3, 1 Jn. 1:8, 10]

-If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.

-If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us.

2. Christians are Not Forsaken [v. 5, Heb. 13:5]

- Let your conversation be without covetousness; and be content with such things as ye have: for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee.

3. Christians are Not Forgotten [v. 17, Is. 49:14-16]

- But Zion said, The LORD hath forsaken me, and my Lord hath forgotten me. Can a woman forget her sucking child, that she should not have compassion on the son of her womb? yea, they may forget, yet will I not forget thee. Behold, I have graven thee upon the palms of my hands; thy walls are continually before me.

No comments:

 
mobile='yes'