Sunday, September 13, 2026

THROUGH CHRIST I CAN

Philippians 4:4-13

Pastor Rick Jackson

 

I. THROUGH CHRIST I CAN BECAUSE I KNOW

1. I Know the Bible is True [Jn. 17:17]

Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is truth.

Though the cover is worn

And the pages are torn

And places bear traces of tears,

Yet more precious than gold

Is the Book worn and old,

That can shatter and scatter my fears.

 

When I prayerfully look

In the precious old Book,

As my eyes scan the pages I see,

Many tokens of love

From the Father above,

Who is nearest and dearest to me.

 

This old Book is my guide,

'Tis a friend by my side,

It will lighten and brighten my way;

And each promise I find

Soothes and gladdens my mind

As I read it and heed it each day.

 

2. The Lord is Good [1 Chr. 16:34]

O give thanks unto the LORD; for he is good; for his mercy endureth for ever.

He giveth more grace when the burdens grow greater;

He sendeth more strength as our labors increase;

To added afflictions, He addeth His mercy,

To multiplied trials, He multiplies peace.

 

When we have exhausted our store of endurance,

When our strength has failed ere the day is half done,

When we reach the end of our hoarded resources,

Our Father’s full giving is only begun;

 

His love has no limit; His grace has no measure;

His power no boundary known unto men;

For out of His infinite riches in Jesus,

He giveth, and giveth, and giveth again!

 

3. The Spirit Indwells Me [1 Cor. 6:19]

What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own?

 

II. THROUGH CHRIST I CAN BECAUSE I HAVE

1. I Have Been Saved [1 Cor. 1:18]

For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God.

2. I have Been Called [1 Cor. 1:2]

Unto the church of God which is at Corinth, to them that are sanctified in Christ Jesus, called to be saints, with all that in every place call upon the name of Jesus Christ our Lord, both theirs and ours:

3. I Have Been Persuaded [2 Timothy 1:12]

For the which cause I also suffer these things: nevertheless I am not ashamed: for I know whom I have believed, and am persuaded that he is able to keep that which I have committed unto him against that day.

My Father’s way may twist and turn;

My heart may throb and ache;

But in my soul I’m glad I know

He maketh no mistake

 

My cherished plans may go astray;

My hopes may fade away;

But still I’ll trust my Lord to lead,

For He doth know the way.

 

Tho’ night be dark and it may seem

That day will never break,

I’ll pin my faith, my all in Him:

He maketh no mistake.

 

There’s so much now I cannot see –

My eyesight’s far too dim;

But come what may, I’ll simply trust

And leave it all to Him.

 

 For by and by the mist will lift,

And plain it all He’ll make;

Through all the way, tho’ dark to me,

He made not one mistake.

-A.M. Overton

 

III. THROUGH CHRIST I CAN BECAUSE I WILL:

1. I Will See My Loved Ones Again [2 Sm. 12:23]

But now he is dead, wherefore should I fast? can I bring him back again? I shall go to him, but he shall not return to me.

2. I Will Face My Saviour [1 Jn. 2:28]

And now, little children, abide in him; that, when he shall appear, we may have confidence, and not be ashamed before him at his coming.

3. I Will Give an Account [Rm. 14:10-12]

But why dost thou judge thy brother? or why dost thou set at nought thy brother? for we shall all stand before the judgment seat of Christ. For it is written, As I live, saith the Lord , every knee shall bow to me, and every tongue shall confess to God. So then every one of us shall give account of himself to God.

No comments:

 
mobile='yes'