Wednesday, July 03, 2024

THE CHALLENGE FOR THE CHRISTIAN AMERICAN

ROMANS 10:1, 11:1, 12:1

Pastor Rick Jackson

Tomorrow marks the 248th Birthday of the United States of America. We have much to be thankful for, much to be excited about, much to be concerned about, much to question and much to do as Americans. This is true of every American but wait… we are not just Americans, those of us who know the Lord Jesus Christ as our Saviour and Lord have a higher calling, a greater responsibility, a sacred task. As Christian Americans, what should we do?

 

I. STAND IN THE LORD [Phil. 4:1]

Therefore, my brethren, dearly beloved and longed for, my joy and crown, so stand fast in the Lord, my dearly beloved.

 

1. Stand on His Foundation [1 Corinthians 3:11, Mt. 7:24-25]

-For other foundation can no man lay than that is laid, which is Jesus Christ.

- Therefore whosoever heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a rock: And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell not: for it was founded upon a rock.

2. Stand in His Faith [1 Corinthians 2:5, 16:13,  2 Corinthians 1:24]

-That your faith should not stand in the wisdom of men, but in the power of God.

- Watch ye, stand fast in the faith, quit you like men, be strong.

-Not for that we have dominion over your faith, but are helpers of your joy: for by faith ye stand.

3. Stand in His Force [1 Cor. 2:5]

That your faith should not stand in the wisdom of men, but in the power of God.

While you are standing, be sure to...

 

II. STICK TO THE PLAN [ACTS 5:20, MT. 28:18-20]

- Go, stand and speak in the temple to the people all the words of this life.

- And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth. Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway , even unto the end of the world. Amen.

 

1. Give the Gospel to the lost [2 Cor. 4:1-6]

Therefore seeing we have this ministry, as we have received mercy, we faint not; But have renounced the hidden things of dishonesty, not walking in craftiness, nor handling the word of God deceitfully; but by manifestation of the truth commending ourselves to every man's conscience in the sight of God. But if our gospel be hid, it is hid to them that are lost: In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them. For we preach not ourselves, but Christ Jesus the Lord; and ourselves your servants for Jesus sake. For God, who commanded the light to shine out of darkness , hath shined in our hearts, to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ.

2. Give milk to the immature [1 Pt. 2:2, Heb. 5:12-13)

- As newborn babes, desire the sincere milk of the word, that ye may grow thereby

- And I, brethren, could not speak unto you as unto spiritual, but as unto carnal, even as unto babes in Christ. I have fed you with milk, and not with meat: for hitherto ye were not able to bear it, neither yet now are ye able.

3. Give meat to the mature [Heb. 5:12-14]

For when for the time ye ought to be teachers, ye have need that one teach you again which be the first principles of the oracles of God; and are become such as have need of milk, and not of strong meat. For every one that useth milk is unskilful in the word of righteousness: for he is a babe. But strong meat belongeth to them that are of full age, even those who by reason of use have their senses exercised to discern both good and evil.

 

III. STAY ON COURSE

 

1. Make it a Matter of Focus! [Acts 20:24, Eph. 2:2]

- But none of these things move me, neither count I my life dear unto myself, so that I might finish my course with joy, and the ministry, which I have received of the Lord Jesus, to testify the gospel of the grace of God.

- Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience:

2. Make it a Matter of Prayer [2 Th. 3:1]

Finally, brethren, pray for us, that the word of the Lord may have free course, and be glorified, even as it is with you:

3. Make it a Matter to Finish [Acts 13:25, 2 Tm. 4:7]

- And as John fulfilled his course, he said, Whom think ye that I am? I am not he. But, behold, there cometh one after me, whose shoes of his feet I am not worthy to loose.

- I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith:

No comments:

 
mobile='yes'