Sunday, July 21, 2024

THAT WHICH SHALL BE DONE

ACTS 20:17-24

Pastor Rick Jackson

 

Though technology changes we basically face the same kind of life that the Apostle Paul faced over 1900 years ago. Which would be the same kind of life that Solomon faced over 1400 years before that when he rightly observed in Ecclesiastes 1:9 The thing that hath been, it is that which shall be; and that which is done is that which shall be done: and there is no new thing under the sun. Therefore, we can glean from the life of Paul the way we should live our own lives under the sun.                                                                                                

 

Note, first of all:

I. PAUL’S LIFESTYLE [v. 17-21]

1. Live a Life of Christian Consistency [v. 17-18, 31]

2. Live a Life of Hard-working Humility [v. 19, 32-35]

3. Live a Life that is Biblically Based [v. 20-21, 26-28]

 

II. PAUL’S LIMITATIONS [v. 22-23a]

1. Ignorance of the Immediate Future [v.22]

2. Certainty of Coming Trials [v. 23, 25, 29-30, 2 Timothy 3:12]

Yea, and all that will live godly in Christ Jesus shall suffer persecution.

3. Dying to Self [v. 24a, 1 Corinthians 15:31, Gal. 2:20]

-I protest by your rejoicing which I have in Christ Jesus our Lord, I die daily.

- I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.


III. PAUL’S LONGING [v. 24]

1. Finish My Course [v. 24, 13:25]

And as John fulfilled his course, he said, Whom think ye that I am? I am not he. But, behold, there cometh one after me, whose shoes of his feet I am not worthy to loose.

2. Fix My Joy [v.24, Philippians 1:25]

And having this confidence, I know that I shall abide and continue with you all for your furtherance and joy of faith;

3. Fulfill My Ministry [v. 24, 2 Cor. 4:1, 2 Timothy 4:5, 7]

-THEREFORE seeing we have this ministry, as we have received mercy, we faint not;

-But watch thou in all things, endure afflictions, do the work of an evangelist, make full proof of thy ministry.

-I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith:

No comments:

 
mobile='yes'