Monday, July 15, 2024

LOOK TO JESUS

HEBREWS 12:1-2

Pastor Rick Jackson

 

I. LOOK TO JESUS FOR SALVATION

1. Not Looking to Religion [Mt. 7:21-23]

Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven. Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? And then will I profess unto them , I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

2. Not Looking to Heritage [Lk. 3:8, Rm. 1:16]

- Bring forth therefore fruits worthy of repentance, and begin not to say within yourselves, We have Abraham to our father: for I say unto you, That God is able of these stones to raise up children unto Abraham.

- For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.

3. Not Looking to Works [Rm. 4:6, Titus 3:4-7]

- Even as David also describeth the blessedness of the man, unto whom God imputeth righteousness without works

- But after that the kindness and love of God our Saviour toward man appeared, Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost; Which he shed on us abundantly through Jesus Christ our Saviour; That being justified by his grace, we should be made heirs according to the hope of eternal life.

 

II. LOOK TO JESUS FOR SECURITY

1. Be Committed [Ps. 37:5, Pr. 16:3, 1 Peter 4:19]

- Commit thy way unto the LORD; trust also in him; and he shall bring it to pass.

- Commit thy works unto the LORD, and thy thoughts shall be established.

-Wherefore let them that suffer according to the will of God commit the keeping of their souls to him in well doing, as unto a faithful Creator.

2. Be Confident [Phil. 1:6]

Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ:

3. Be Conformed [Rm. 12:1-2]

-I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service. And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

 

III. LOOK TO JESUS FOR STABILITY

1. Stand on His Word [Mt. 7:24-25]

Therefore whosoever heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a rock: And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell not: for it was founded upon a rock.

2. Believe on Him [Acts 16:31, Proverbs 3:5]

- And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house.

- Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.

3. Exalt Him [Ps. 18:1-3, 34:3]

- I will love thee, O LORD, my strength. The LORD is my rock, and my fortress, and my deliverer; my God, my strength, in whom I will trust; my buckler, and the horn of my salvation, and my high tower. I will call upon the LORD, who is worthy to be praised: so shall I be saved from mine enemies.

- O magnify the LORD with me, and let us exalt his name together.

No comments:

 
mobile='yes'