Sunday, April 30, 2023

MY EMPTY PAST, MY ABUNDANT PRESENT, MY GLORIOUS FUTURE

Pastor Rick Jackson

 

I. MY EMPTY PAST – WITHOUT CHRIST [EPHESIANS 2:11-12a]

 

1. Without Hope [v. 12]

-That at that time ye were without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope

without Christ, without the community of faith, without covenants, without God’s Word, without hope

 

2. Without God [v. 12]

-without God in the world:

without Christ is to be without God in this world

 

3. Without Strength [Rm. 5:6]

- For when we were yet without strength, in due time Christ died for the ungodly

 

II. MY ABUNDANT PRESENT – IN CHRIST

 

1. I Have His Peace [Eph. 2:13-14a, Jn. 14:27, Rm. 5:1, Philippians 4:7]

- But now in Christ Jesus ye who sometimes were far off are made nigh by the blood of Christ. For he is our peace

- Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.

- THEREFORE being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ:

- And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

 

2. I Have His Perfection [2 Cor. 5:17-21]

-Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new. And all things are of God, who hath reconciled us to himself by Jesus Christ, and hath given to us the ministry of reconciliation; To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation. Now then we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God did beseech you by us: we pray you in Christ's stead, be ye reconciled to God. For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.

I have a new godly nature, I am reconciled to God by Christ, I am appointed as His representative, I have His righteousness

 

3. I Have His Promised Holy Spirit and His Promises [2 Cor. 1:18-22, 2 Pet. 1:4ff.]

-But as God is true, our word toward you was not yea and nay. For the Son of God, Jesus Christ, who was preached among you by us, even by me and Silvanus and Timotheus, was not yea and nay, but in him was yea. For all the promises of God in him are yea, and in him Amen, unto the glory of God by us. Now he which stablisheth us with you in Christ, and hath anointed us, is God; Who hath also sealed us, and given the earnest of the Spirit in our hearts.

-Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust.

 

III. MY GLORIOUS FUTURE – WITH CHRIST [Romans 8:18]

-For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us.

 

1. I Will Be in His Place [John 14:1-3]

- LET not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me. In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.

 

2. I Will Be in His Presence [1 Th. 4:16-17]

- For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first: Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

 

3. I Will Be in His Likeness [Ps. 17:15, 1 Jn. 3:2]

- As for me, I will behold thy face in righteousness: I shall be satisfied, when I awake, with thy likeness.

- Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is.

No comments:

 
mobile='yes'