Tuesday, August 26, 2008

How to help people have assurance they are saved

Sumner Wemp (see link at left)

How to help people have assurance of their salvation.

After they have prayed out loud with you to receive the Lord Jesus as their Savior, ask them "Did you really mean what you just prayed?" Of course almost all will say they did. Now I ask, "Do you really believe the Lord Jesus suffered and died for your sins? Did He pay your debt of sins in full too?" You just cannot emphasize this enough. They answer ."Yes". Quote John 3:36, God says, "He that believeth on the Son, HAS everlasting life." God did not say, he will hope so, or feel he has everlasting life but that he HAS, right now, everlasting life. He is saved. Do you believe you have everlasting life, that you are saved? Most will say, "Yes, I do." How do you know? Because God said so. During the 15 years I pastored, 95 percent of the people who prayed with me got assurance they were saved and confessed Christ publicly went on with the Lord. Some produced 30 fold, some 60 and some 100 fold. Matt 13:23. More on this later.

NEVER tell them they are saved, let them tell you they are saved. We cannot see their heart and you too will have some say they are when they are not saved. You and I must not give them a false hope.

And remember this, Jesus had a Judas who had never been saved. NOW, get them to tell someone that are now saved. If it is someone at our door, I always call Celeste to the door and ask the person "Can you tell my wife what you just did." Believe me we have had a revival time when they tell it. Often they and we will weep with joy. Then I tell them, there is joy in heaven over one person who gets saved. Lk 15:7.

YOU are loved by God and me. ABC Sumner

"The harvest in plenteous" Have the thrill and eternal joy of witnessing and see someone get saved. Go to www.sumnerwemp.com enter the drawing to win a pack of tracts, to obey God and get the gospel to people. Read the challenging articles to bless and help you.

Call 1-877-872-2871 ask for "sales" to order tracts for yourself or write to Good News Publishers, 1300 Crescent St. Wheaton, IL 60187. I do not sell them. I order and pay for them just like you do. I GET NOTHING FROM THEM.

This is reality. Remember, Winning that soul to Christ is far, far greater than winning the gold metal and this is not demean the Olympics. They are great winners.

No comments:

 
mobile='yes'