Sunday, February 18, 2024

GOD'S DELIGHT

MICAH 7                             

Pastor Rick Jackson

 

I. LOOK AT THE SITUATION THAT IS HOPELESS 

[v. 1-6]

 

1. There is No Hope in Yourself [v. 1]

 

2. There is No Hope in the Outside World [v. 2-4]

 

3. There is No Hope in Our Inner Circle [v. 5-6]

 

II. LOOK AT THE SOVEREIGN THAT IS HOLY 

[v. 7-13]                                                                           

 

1.  I’ve Seen The Working of God in My Own Life’s Sin 

[v. 7-9]

 

2.  I’ve Seen The Working of God in the Lives of My Enemies’ Sin [v. 10]

 

3.  I’ve Seen The Working of God in the Life of My Nation’s Sin [v. 11-13, Proverbs 14:34]

Righteousness exalteth a nation: but sin is a reproach to any people.

 

III. LOOK AT THE SAVIOUR WHO IS HONORABLE [v. 14-20]

 

1. The Flock of God Will Know It 

[v. 14-15, John 10:14-16, 25-28]

- I am the good shepherd, and know my sheep, and am known of mine. As the Father knoweth me, even so know I the Father: and I lay down my life for the sheep. And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice; and there shall be one fold, and one shepherd.

- Jesus answered them, I told you, and ye believed not: the works that I do in my Father's name, they bear witness of me. But ye believe not, because ye are not of my sheep, as I said unto you. My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me: And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.

 

2. The Fear of God Will Show It 

[v. 16-17]

 

3. The Faithfulness of God Bestows It 

[v. 18-20, James 4:8-10]

 

Draw nigh to God, and he will draw nigh to you. Cleanse your hands, ye sinners; and purify your hearts, ye double minded. Be afflicted, and mourn, and weep: let your laughter be turned to mourning, and your joy to heaviness. Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and he shall lift you up.

No comments:

 
mobile='yes'