Wednesday, July 04, 2018

IF YOU'RE HAPPY AND YOU KNOW IT SAY "AMEN!"

1 Kings 8:54-66                                  

Pastor Rick Jackson

Christians ought be the happiest, most glad people in all the earth. I realize we ought be joyful and that you can have joy when you can't have happiness but really we ought be happy most, if not all, of the time!
Well, what have we got to be happy about? Brother Ronald's in the hospital again, my bunions are hurting, the kids are fussy, it's hot outside and my sweetheart is upset with me. I've got one word for you...
"SO?"
So? That's right, so! Let's look in this section of Scripture and be reminded of a few things that ought make us happy.

1. I'M HAPPY THERE'S A GOD IN HEAVEN! [v. 54]

You know what? I have never seen a truly happy atheist. They are always upset because they see something that reminds them of the God they don't believe in! Isaiah 57:21 There is no peace, saith my God, to the wicked.

2. I'M HAPPY THERE'S A GOD IN HEAVEN THAT FORGIVES THOSE THAT CALL UPON HIS NAME! [v. 33-34, Romans 10:9-13]

Joel 2:32 And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the LORD shall be delivered:
I'm so happy and here's the reason why, Jesus took my burden all away. Now I'm singing as the days go by, Jesus took my burden all away. Once my heart was heavy with a load of sin, But Jesus took the load And gave me peace within. Now I'm singing as the days go by, Jesus took my burden all away.

3. I'M HAPPY THERE IS A GOD IN HEAVEN THAT LISTENS TO MY PRAYERS! [v. 54]

Jeremiah 33:3 Call unto me, and I will answer thee, and shew thee great and mighty things, which thou knowest not.
Hebrews 4:16 Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need.

4. I'M HAPPY THERE IS A GOD IN HEAVEN WHO KEEPS HIS PROMISES! [v. 55-56a]

2 Peter 1:4 Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust.

5. I'M HAPPY THERE IS A GOD IN HEAVEN WHO GAVE US HIS WRITTEN WORD! [v. 56b]

2 Peter 1:21 For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost.
3:15-16 And account that the longsuffering of our Lord is salvation; even as our beloved brother Paul also according to the wisdom given unto him hath written unto you; As also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things; in which are some things hard to be understood, which they that are unlearned and unstable wrest, as they do also the other scriptures, unto their own destruction.

6. I AM HAPPY THERE IS A GOD IN HEAVEN WHO WILL NOT FORSAKE HIS CHILDREN [v. 57]

Hebrews 13:5 Let your conversation be without covetousness; and be content with such things as ye have: for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee.
Where did He say that?
Deuteronomy 4:31 (For the LORD thy God is a merciful God;) he will not forsake thee, neither destroy thee, nor forget the covenant of thy fathers which he sware unto them.

7. I AM HAPPY THERE IS A GOD THAT MAINTAINS THE CAUSE OF HIS PEOPLE [v. 58-59]

Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it; That he might sanctify and cleanse it with the washing of water by the word, That he might present it to himself a glorious church, not having spot, or wrinkle, or any such thing; but that it should be holy and without blemish. [Eph. 5]
Philippians 1:6 Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ:
1 Timothy 1:16 Howbeit for this cause I obtained mercy, that in me first Jesus Christ might shew forth all longsuffering, for a pattern to them which should hereafter believe on him to life everlasting.
Hebrews 9:15 And for this cause he is the mediator of the new testament, that by means of death, for the redemption of the transgressions that were under the first testament, they which are called might receive the promise of eternal inheritance.

8. I'M HAPPY THERE IS A GOD WHO HAS A CAUSE FOR ALL PEOPLE! [v. 60]
Luke 19:10 For the Son of man is come to seek and to save that which was lost.

9. I AM HAPPY THERE IS A GOD IN HEAVEN THAT ALLOWS US TO SERVE HIM! [v. 61-65]

Psalm 100:2 Serve the LORD with gladness: come before his presence with singing.
John 13:16-17 Verily, verily, I say unto you, The servant is not greater than his lord; neither he that is sent greater than he that sent him.If ye know these things, happy are ye if ye do them.
1 Peter 3:14, 4:14 But and if ye suffer for righteousness sake, happy are ye: and be not afraid of their terror, neither be troubled;… If ye be reproached for the name of Christ, happy are ye; for the spirit of glory and of God resteth upon you: on their part he is evil spoken of, but on your part he is glorified.

10. I AM HAPPY THERE IS A GOD IN HEAVEN THAT ALLOWS US TO COME TOGETHER TO WORSHIP HIM AND GO HOME HAPPY! [v. 66]

Psalm 122:1 I was glad when they said unto me, Let us go into the house of the LORD.
Hebrews 10:23-25 Let us hold fast the profession of our faith without wavering; (for he is faithful that promised;) And let us consider one another to provoke unto love and to good works: Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching.       

No comments:

 
mobile='yes'