Monday, May 07, 2018

SEE!


SEE!



JOHN 6, 7 & 8



Pastor Rick Jackson



I. I FAIL TO SEE...



"I fail to see what that has to do with anything" is a phrase we use when we don't quite connect the dots someone has laid out before us. If they have a point and help us to "see" it, then we go beyond seeing and observe the truth they proclaim. When it comes to Jesus many think they know him, when, in actuality, they don't know Him.



1. THEY DON'T SEE HIS RELATIONSHIP TO THE FATHER AS AN EQUAL [6:37-46]



2. THEY DON'T SEE THEIR RELATIONSHIP WITH HIM AS EQUAL TO THEIR RELATIONSHIP TO THE FATHER [6:47-65]



3. THEY DON'T SEE THEIR RELATIONSHIP TO THE WORLD AS EQUAL TO THEIR LACK OF SEEING HIM CLEARLY [6:66-7:9]



II. I WANT TO SEE!



When you are a child and you hear people talking about something fabulous you naturally want to see it. I remember years ago when I was ill, and my first motorcycle was delivered to our home. Naturally my brother Bruce, a gifted mechanic, wanted to check it out. I saw him ride by the window. My sister rode by the window later. Then I heard laughing and screaming, and I so wanted to see what caused the uproar. I later learned my mother had taken a ride! I missed it!



1. JESUS SEES US CLEARLY [7:19-21]



2. WE NEED TO SEE HIS WORD CLEARLY [7:22-24]



2 Timothy 2:15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.



3. TO SEE HIM CLEARLY WE NEED THE EYEGLASSES OF FAITH [7:33-39]



III. I SEE YOU!



Remember "Peekaboo, I see you!"? We don't always see what we think we see. Years ago, when Becky, Bruce and I still lived at our parents home I decided to play a trick on my sister. She was taking a shower in the master bathroom. I saw that the bed in the master bedroom had not been made. I fixed the pillows under the covers and then got under the bed. She came out and said, "I see you under the covers" and when she moved closer to yank the covers off I reached out and grabbed her ankle. She did not see what she thought she saw.



Read John 8:1-10. Note:



1. JESUS SEES US AS AN INDIVIDUAL [v. 10]



2. WE NEED TO SEE THAT JESUS IS NO ORDINARY MAN [v. 10b-11]



3. FOLLOWING JESUS PROVIDES LIGHT TO SEE CLEARLY [v. 11b-12]

No comments:

 
mobile='yes'