Sunday, February 11, 2018

I BELONG


                                                              Pastor Rick Jackson



I. I BELONG IN HELL



1. Because I was a Hopeless Sinner [Ephesians 2:12] That at that time ye were without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope, and without God in the world:]



2. Because I was a Helpless Sinner [Romans 5:6] For when we were yet without strength, in due time Christ died for the ungodly.



3. Because I was a Horrible Sinner [1 Timothy 1:15] This is a faithful saying, and worthy of all acceptation, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners; of whom I am chief.

Romans 5:19 For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.

Romans 5:8 But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.

James 4:8 Draw nigh to God, and he will draw nigh to you. Cleanse your hands, ye sinners; and purify your hearts, ye double minded.



Yes, I belong in Hell. But I am not going there. In fact,



II. I BELONG TO THE FAMILY



1. I Belong to the Family by Love [John 3: 16] For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.



2. I Belong to the Family by Birth [John 3:3] Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.

1 Peter 1:23 Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible,



3. I Belong to the Family by Blood [Rev. 1:5] …from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, and the first begotten of the dead, and the prince of the kings of the earth. Unto him that loved us, and washed us from our sins in his own blood,



4. I Belong to the Family by Belief [Jn. 1:12] But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:



5. I Belong to the Family by the Book [1 Peter 1:23-25] Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever. For all flesh is as grass, and all the glory of man as the flower of grass. The grass withereth, and the flower thereof falleth away: But the word of the Lord endureth for ever. And this is the word which by the gospel is preached unto you.



III. I BELONG IN THE SERVICE



1. I Belong in the Service by Purchase [1 Cor. 6: 19-20] What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own? For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God's.



2. I Belong in the Service by Citizenship [Philippians 3:17-20] Brethren, be followers together of me, and mark them which walk so as ye have us for an ensample. (For many walk, of whom I have told you often, and now tell you even weeping, that they are the enemies of the cross of Christ: Whose end is destruction, whose God is their belly, and whose glory is in their shame, who mind earthly things.) For our conversation is in heaven; from whence also we look for the Saviour, the Lord Jesus Christ:



3. I Belong in the Service by Reason [Rm. 12:1] I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service.



4. I Belong in the Service by Authority [Mt. 28:18-20] And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth. Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen.



5. I Belong in the Service by the Book [1 Tm. 1:17-19] Now unto the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only wise God, be honour and glory for ever and ever. Amen. This charge I commit unto thee, son Timothy, according to the prophecies which went before on thee, that thou by them mightest war a good warfare; Holding faith, and a good conscience; which some having put away concerning faith have made shipwreck:




No comments:

 
mobile='yes'