Friday, January 12, 2018

John R. Rice Quotes of the Week

Sin has so perverted the whole of our natures that only God's grace can save such sinners as we are. And only God's grace can keep such sinners, too. It takes a wonderful salvation to save such sinners as we are. And it takes the same wonderful salvation to keep us. - John R. Rice

Those who do not believe in an eternal Hell of torment for Christ-rejecting sinners simply do not know how black is the natural human heart, how guilty and deserving of punishment is every sinner who rejects Christ, how incurably wicked are such hearts. - John R. Rice

The man who is incapable of saving himself is equally incapable of keeping himself. - John R. Rice

Sin in the Christian brings the smiting of the conscience. It brings the rebuke of the Holy Spirit. No Christian can be a happy Christian, except as he day by day seeks to live in the smile of God's approval. Godly living does not earn salvation, but it does bring happiness. - John R. Rice

How often I have read that blessed 51st Psalm and made its prayer my prayer! How often I have been compelled to say, as did David, "My sin is ever before me" (vs. 3). I, too, have had to plead, "Behold, I was shapen in iniquity; and in sin did my mother conceive me." I have such a frail, twisted nature. I am as weak as David. When I sin I lose the joy. So, of course, do you, if you are a born-again Christian. - John R. Rice

Anyone who claims that he can go into sin and have no burning of conscience, have no unrest of soul, and have no accusing by the Holy Spirit, gives evidence that he does not know the same Saviour I know and does not have the new heart which God gave me when I was saved. - John R. Rice

O Christian, I remind you now that sin never made anybody happy. Most of all, sin cannot make the Christian happy. A Christian loses the joy of salvation when he falls into sin. - John R. Rice

No comments:

 
mobile='yes'