Wednesday, August 31, 2016

BE SURE YOU'RE RIGHT, AND THEN GO AHEAD!  


                              LUKE 2:52                                           

Pastor Rick Jackson



If you study the life of Davy Crockett you will learn that he had a life motto, “BE SURE YOU'RE RIGHT, AND THEN GO AHEAD!” He applied this to all areas of his life. In shooting he said, "Be sure you're right and then go ahead and pull the trigger!" In getting married, in fighting, and even in politics: "If I'm the only member of the house to vote against this bill--- yes, if I'm the only man in the whole country against it, I'll still vote against it! It'll be a matter of rejoicing to me till the day I die that I've voted as I intend."

I don't know if Davy came up with his motto from the Scriptures but the plain truth is, it is Scriptural! Eph. 5:10 says, "Proving what is acceptable unto the Lord!" Now using the pattern of our Lord from Luke 2:52 let's see how it might work.



I. BE SURE YOU'RE RIGHT MENTALLY, AND THEN GO AHEAD!



1. God is the Author of Truth (Pr. 1:7, Jn. 14:6, 17:17; Rm. 3:4)



2. Guard your Mind with Truth (Phil. 4:8, Col. 2:8, 2 Corinthians 10:5, 1 Tm. 6:12-21 )



II. BE SURE YOU'RE RIGHT PHYSICALLY, AND THEN GO AHEAD!



1. God is Greater than the Physical (Mt. 6:25-33, 1 Tm. 4:8)



2. God has Guidelines for the Physical (1 Cor. 6:18-20)



III. BE SURE YOU'RE RIGHT SPIRITUALLY, AND THEN GO AHEAD!



1. God has revealed Himself in the Inscripturated Word (Joshua 1:8, 2 Tm. 3:16-17)



2. God has revealed Himself as the Incarnate Word (Jn. 1:1-14, 1 Timothy 3:16 )



IV. BE SURE YOU'RE RIGHT SOCIALLY, AND THEN GO AHEAD!



1. Watch your Crowd (Ps. 1:1-2, 1 Co. 5:9-11, 7:39b, 10:31)



2. Watch your Character (Gal. 5:16-26, 6:7-10)

No comments:

 
mobile='yes'