Sunday, March 20, 2016

PSALM 121:1


                                                                 THE POWER OF A SINGLE VERSE                               
Pastor Rick Jackson



I. THE HILLS OF HELP



1. Mt. Sinai – where I learned my sin [Nehemiah 9:13 Thou camest down also upon mount Sinai, and spakest with them from heaven, and gavest them right judgments, and true laws, good statutes and commandments:]



2. Mt. Calvary - where I met my Saviour [Luke 23:33 And when they were come to the place, which is called Calvary, there they crucified him, and the malefactors, one on the right hand, and the other on the left.] “Years I spent in vanity and pride…”



3. Mt. Olivet – where my Saviour will return to reign [Acts 1:9-12, Zechariah 14:4 And his feet shall stand in that day upon the mount of Olives, which is before Jerusalem on the east, and the mount of Olives shall cleave in the midst thereof toward the east and toward the west, and there shall be a very great valley; and half of the mountain shall remove toward the north, and half of it toward the south.]



II. THE HUMILITY OF HELP



1. The Right Decision – “I Will” [Luke 15:18 I will arise and go to my father, and will say unto him, Father, I have sinned against heaven, and before thee, John 5:40 And ye will not come to me, that ye might have life., John 7:17 If any man will do his will, he shall know of the doctrine, whether it be of God, or whether I speak of myself.]



2. The Right Direction – “Lift up mine eyes” [Heb. 12:2 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.]



3. The Right Desire – “From whence cometh my help” [v. 2, Hebrews 4:16 Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need.]



III. THE HINDRANCE OF HELP



1. Not Calling even when it is available [Jeremiah 33:3 Call unto me, and I will answer thee, and shew thee great and mighty things, which thou knowest not.]



2. Not Looking to Him even though He has invited you [Is. 1:18, Mt. 11:28-30]



3. Not Considering He has your best interests at Heart [Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end.]

No comments:

 
mobile='yes'