Sunday, March 27, 2016

Matthew 28:6


He is not here: for he is risen, as he said. Come, see the place where the Lord lay.



THE POWER OF A SINGLE VERSE



Pastor Rick Jackson



I. HE IS NOT HERE



1. Jesus is Not on the Cross- that would imply He is dying [Heb. 9:25-28]



2. Jesus is Not in the Tomb- that would imply He is dead [Rm. 6:9-10] Knowing that Christ being raised from the dead dieth no more; death hath no more dominion over him. For in that he died, he died unto sin once: but in that he liveth, he liveth unto God.



3. Jesus is Not in Hiding- that would imply He is afraid [Mk 14:61b-62, Rev. 1:7] Again the high priest asked him, and said unto him, Art thou the Christ, the Son of the Blessed? And Jesus said, I am: and ye shall see the Son of man sitting on the right hand of power, and coming in the clouds of heaven. Behold, he cometh with clouds; and every eye shall see him, and they also which pierced him: and all kindreds of the earth shall wail because of him. Even so, Amen.



II. HE IS RISEN



1. That Declares He Has Conquered Death [1 Corinthians 15:20-26]



2. That Declares He Has Paid for Sin [1 Peter 3:18] For Christ also hath once suffered for sins, the just for the unjust, that he might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh, but quickened by the Spirit:



3. That Declares He is God Almighty [Rm. 1:3-4] Concerning his Son Jesus Christ our Lord, which was made of the seed of David according to the flesh; And declared to be the Son of God with power, according to the spirit of holiness, by the resurrection from the dead:



III. AS HE SAID



1. He is Omniscient [John 2:19-22] Jesus answered and said unto them, Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up. Then said the Jews, Forty and six years was this temple in building, and wilt thou rear it up in three days? But he spake of the temple of his body. When therefore he was risen from the dead, his disciples remembered that he had said this unto them; and they believed the scripture, and the word which Jesus had said.



2. He is Omnipotent [John 10:17-18] Therefore doth my Father love me, because I lay down my life, that I might take it again. No man taketh it from me, but I lay it down of myself. I have power to lay it down, and I have power to take it again. This commandment have I received of my Father.



3. He is My Lord and My God [John 20:28] And Thomas answered and said unto him, My Lord and my God.

No comments:

 
mobile='yes'