Wednesday, November 12, 2014

WHY I DO WANT TO GO TO HEAVEN

REVELATION 21

 

Pastor Rick Jackson

 

I am sure, if you thought about it, you could give many reasons you want to go to heaven. If most people understood the true nature of Heaven they would be able to as well! Many people have misconceptions concerning Heaven. Some people think it will be boring- sitting on clouds strumming harps for eternity. Others think it will just be a continuation of life down here- albeit for eternity. The Mormons even believe that women will be eternally fertile. One of the main misconceptions of Heaven is that people are angels in Heaven- regardless of whether they have to earn their wings or not. But all these are false misconceptions. Let me give you five Bible based reasons I do want to go to Heaven.

 

I. I WANT TO GO TO HEAVEN BECAUSE OF THE CONDITION OF THAT PLACE [Rev. 21:10-21, 22:1-2]

 

Ever notice the difference between a run-down attraction and Disney. Or Sea World or Universal?

 

II. I WANT TO GO TO HEAVEN BECAUSE OF THE CHARACTER OF THAT PLACE [Rev. 21:4, 22-23, 27]

 

Heaven is a place of the shining corridors of the blessed. Where the light never goes out, the music is beautiful and never off key, where weeping has ended, where happy laughter fills the air, where the water is clear and delicious and thirst is quenched. The food is plentiful, delicious and non-fattening. Heaven is a place where the inhabitants are always enjoying the presence of God, where despair and darkness do not exist and hope is a solid reality not an ambiguous desire. There is never a moment of pain, but contentment reigns is every heart. I want to go to Heaven because of the character of that place.

 

III. I WANT TO GO TO HEAVEN BECAUSE OF THE CROWD OF THAT PLACE [Mt. 8:11, Luke 13:28, 15:10; 1 Th. 4:17, Rev. 21:3, 22-27]

 

IV. I WANT TO GO TO HEAVEN BECAUSE OF THE CRIES OF THAT PLACE [Lk. 15:10, Rev. 19:1-10]

 

V. I WANT TO GO TO HEAVEN BECAUSE OF THE CAUSE OF THAT PLACE [Jn. 14:1-6, Rev. 3:5, 58, 7:9-15, 22:13, 16-21]

No comments:

 
mobile='yes'