Thursday, September 20, 2012

“Dad, you give everyone a tract don’t you?”

From: sumner@sumnerwemp.com



My wife and I and four children spent a week in Washington D. C. when Chuck was 4 years old. There is a big story behind this that I do not have time to tell. One morning we came out of our hotel and Chuck was running like mad to catch up with a sharp looking business man, holding a gospel tract out to give him. He caught the man, held out the tract and said, "Here mister read this." You should have seen the look on the man's face as he said, "Thank you young man. I will do that. " I really expect to see that man in heaven and I mean that. Don't you believe he told that to at least a dozen people. What thrills me too is my 4 year son said "I learned that from daddy."
 
About ten minutes later we came to a loading dock with 4 big men loading and three sitting there taking a break. As I would have done back home, I walked over and gave them each a tract. From then on, we got a thrill to see who could give the person a tract first. Chuck, 4 years old said, "Dad, you give everyone a tract don't you." We actually had the joy of leading one person to Christ.
 
Dear people THAT is what life is all about, obeying GOD. Getting the gospel out and giving people a chance to go to heaven instead of hell. Seeing all the wonderful sights of our great capital was fabulous but if just one person got saved, that is far better. Make sense? Wouldn't it be great if every Christian would start out setting a goal of leading at least one soul to Christ each month? We could make in impact on our nation and our world.
    
 


InJesus

No comments:

 
mobile='yes'