Wednesday, August 08, 2012

"Oh man, I need that"

From: sumner@sumnerwemp.com


 

 

For some strange reason, years ago, Celeste and I went to look at some new houses. The salesman got us in his car and off we went. He talked and we listened. Then he gave us a brochure to read. As per usual, I felt I ought to give him something to read and I said, "Let me give you something good to read" and handed him a gospel tract, Your Ticket to Heaven.
 
He blurted out, "Oh man, I need that." "We all do." I told him, God loves you and me. He sent His Son, the Lord Jesus, who knew no sin, to suffer and die for our sins, paid our debt in full, rose again and was seen alive by hundreds of people. Now God says for us to trust God that Jesus paid our debt of sins too and that alone is why God can forgive us our sins, give us a new birth spiritually and take us to heaven. Will you believe God and receive Jesus as your Savior, right now? He stopped his car, prayed out loud with me and received Jesus as His Savior and had assurance he was saved.
 
Three chapters a day reading schedule:
Wed 8/08 2 Kings 24-25; 1 Chronicles 1
Thu 8/09 1 Chronicles 2-4
Fri 8/10 1 Chronicles 5-7
Sat 8/11 1 Chronicles 8-10

 

No comments:

 
mobile='yes'