Thursday, February 02, 2012

You never know who God may bring across your paths


From: sumner@sumnerwemp.com

One day I was working in my yard, a really nice looking black fellow was passing by. I had
an urge to stop what I was doing and give him a tract. I always have tracts in my pocket when in
the yard for just occasions. I was quite tired and in no mood to witness to him but I went over to
him and offered him a gospel tract. It was one of those beautiful times when God was
orchestrating something big. When I asked if he knew for sure he was going to heaven, he looked
up quite surprised and replied with certainly, "No, I don't." By now my heart was pumping with
excitement. I told him how God loved him and sent His Son, the Lord Jesus Christ, who knew no
sin but He suffered and died on the cross for our sins. He paid our debt in full. He was buried,
rose again and was seen alive by hundreds of people and God wants you to trust what Christ did
and let Him know you willingly trust and receive the Lord Jesus as your personal Savior. He
replied with a certainty, "I surely would." He prayed out loud with me to trust what Jesus did to
save him too. We looked up and he was smiling from ear to ear and blurted out, "Your know me
don't you." I looked at his face carefully and had to say, "I am sorry but I don't." His face showed
disappointment and he gave his name and said, "I am so and so the rapper on television every
week." GOD DID THAT and I am so glad I did not quench the Spirit and miss what God was
doing. I got his address and went to his house. He moved the next week and I never could get
hold of him again but I know, "He which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the
day of Jesus Christ" Philippians 1:6. I firmly believe he was saved and I will see him in heaven
and it will be worth it all. I challenge you to "obey the Spirit" the next urge you have to do what
God tells you. Make sense?
Three-chapters a day reading schedule:
Fri 2/03 Mark 6-8
Sat 2/04 Mark 9-11
Sun 2/05 Mark 12-14
Mon 2/06 Mark 15-16; Luke 1


No comments:

 
mobile='yes'