Monday, November 22, 2010

A Person, Not a Thing

 
Bill Rice Ranch - First Light Devotionals 

Ephesians 2:14  "For he is our peace, who hath made both one, and hath broken down the middle wall of partition between us;"
 
 
 
Are your kids afraid of storms?  I mean the kind of storms with lightning, thunder, and lots of rain!  If they are, what do they want when they come to you?  They want safety, security, and peace; but do they say, "I want my security!"?  No, they often cry, "I want my mommy!"  They don't know enough to ask for security, but they instinctively know that all the things they need are provided in a person-namely, Mommy.
 
I don't know what you need this morning.  Maybe you need safety, security, and peace; or maybe you need wisdom, money, and favor with people.  I've asked for all of those things at one time or another.  None of those things are wrong, but I can tell you that they are all found in a Person-Jesus Christ.  A "thing" is not what you need; a Person is!  If you have Christ, you have everything you need.
 
Jesus Christ can bring peace between a person and God or between two people, but notice what the Bible says:  "For he is our peace. . . ."  Not only can He give and provide peace, but He IS peace.  In other words, if you need peace this morning, you do not need a "thing"; you need Christ who is peace.
 
As a Christian, I can ask God for anything because of Christ's merits, not my own.  Often we can come to our Heavenly Father in prayer and almost apologize for asking, and we tell Him how unworthy we are.  Guess what?  We will never be worthy, no matter how long we live!  Any right you have to ask God for things is only because of Jesus Christ's merit.  What is His is mine, for eternity and for today.  As a child of God, I am favored by God Almighty, but not because of anything I have done.  God's favor is solely based on His grace and Christ's merits.
 
Jesus Christ has what we need, knows what we need, and is able to give what we need!  More than that, He IS what we need.  I don't know what you need, but I do know that what you need is found in a Person, not in a thing.  No matter what it is, go to the Person who can provide what you need today! 

 
Browse our fall events schedule on our website: billriceranch.org
 
 
 
Bill Rice Ranch | 627 Bill Rice Ranch Road | Murfreesboro | TN | 37128

No comments:

 
mobile='yes'