Monday, July 21, 2008

How to preach the gospel to every person

Sumner Wemp

Jul 21, 2008

"How to preach the gospel to every person"

We are commanded to "preach the gospel" like Phillip did to the Ethiopian Eunuch or like Jesus did to the woman at the well, one on one. A very important part in witnessing, if at all possible, is get people alone, one on one to witness to them. Years ago, I began to realize how important this is. If more than one person is there, Satan will stir up one to muddy the waters and get you sidetracked.

A good gospel tract is one way to get the gospel to someone when you cannot go into details. They then have a chance to go to heaven. God has given me so many fantastic opportunities of leading a person to Christ whose heart was so ready to be saved because someone else had given them a tract. By the way, what do you do when someone refuses to take a tract. NOTHING! God says, "shake the dust off your feet" Matt. 10:14. Leave them alone! To do any more almost always leads into an argument with them and "the servant of the Lord MUST not strive" 2 Tim 2:24. They have not rejected you but the Lord.

Just look for the ones God has prepared. There are plenty out there. Give a tract to clerks, waiters, waitresses, cashiers etc. I gave a tract to a gas station operator and he blurted out, "Where have you been. I have been wanting to get saved for three weeks." Anyone could have led him to Christ he was so ready." Sow bountifully and you will reap bountifully.

By the way again. Over the years I have stayed in hundreds of motels. The telephone directory is a great place to put two of three tracts. It used to be the Gideon Bible would fall open at Ps 23, people had turn there so many times. Not so today but I put two or three through out the Bible, in the TV guide etc.

Do not put tracts in the mail box. Against the law. Don't put them on windshields of cars. Put a tract in every letter and bill you mail. Oh my. wish I had time to tell of the fantastic stories God has let me experience through tracts. If only one got saved, it would be worth it all..

ABC Sumner

"Son of man, I have made thee a watchman unto ...hear the word of my mouth and give them warning from me" Lest "his blood will I require at thine hand." Ez.. 3:17, 18.. "At thy word, I will" Lk 5:5.

Don't forget www.sumnerwemp.com spiritual and physical health tips, coming soon. Read encouraging articles now.

"Every saved person this side of heaven ought to be vitally concerned about every lost person this side of hell"

No comments:

 
mobile='yes'