Sunday, August 04, 2024

TALK ABOUT JESUS

 

TALK ABOUT JESUS

ACTS 8:26-35                                    

 Pastor Rick Jackson

 

Let's talk about Jesus; the King of kings is He,

The Lord of lords supreme, throughout eternity

The Great I am, the Way, the Truth, the Life, the Door

Let's talk about Jesus more and more!

 

I. LET’S TALK ABOUT THE HANDICAPS OF JESUS

 

1. A Child Conceived of an Unwed Mother [Lk. 1:30-34]

And the angel said unto her, Fear not, Mary: for thou hast found favour with God. And, behold, thou shalt conceive in thy womb, and bring forth a son, and shalt call his name JESUS. He shall be great, and shall be called the Son of the Highest: and the Lord God shall give unto him the throne of his father David: And he shall reign over the house of Jacob for ever; and of his kingdom there shall be no end. Then said Mary unto the angel, How shall this be, seeing I know not a man?

2. A Commoner of an Enslaved People [Lk. 2:1-5]

And it came to pass in those days, that there went out a decree from Caesar Augustus, that all the world should be taxed. (And this taxing was first made when Cyrenius was governor of Syria.) And all went to be taxed, every one into his own city. And Joseph also went up from Galilee, out of the city of Nazareth, into Judaea, unto the city of David, which is called Bethlehem; (because he was of the house and lineage of David:) To be taxed with Mary his espoused wife, being great with child.

3. A Citizen of a Disreputable Town [Jn. 1:45-46]

Philip findeth Nathanael, and saith unto him, We have found him, of whom Moses in the law, and the prophets, did write, Jesus of Nazareth, the son of Joseph. And Nathanael said unto him, Can there any good thing come out of Nazareth? Philip saith unto him, Come and see.

 

II. LET’S TALK ABOUT THE HOLINESS OF JESUS

 

1. Born Without a Sin Nature [Lk. 1:35]

And the angel answered and said unto her, The Holy Ghost shall come upon thee, and the power of the Highest shall overshadow thee: therefore also that holy thing which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God.

2. Lived Without Committing Sin [Heb. 4:15]

For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin.

3. Lived Without Omitting Righteousness [James 4:17, Acts 10:38]

- Therefore to him that knoweth to do good, and doeth it not, to him it is sin.

- How God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Ghost and with power: who went about doing good, and healing all that were oppressed of the devil; for God was with him. - Peter

 

III. LET’S TALK ABOUT THE HUMANITY OF JESUS

 

1. He Left It All [2 Cor. 8:9]

For ye know the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, that, though he was rich, yet for your sakes he became poor, that ye through his poverty might be rich.

2. He Gave It All [Jn. 10:11-18]

I am the good shepherd: the good shepherd giveth his life for the sheep. But he that is an hireling, and not the shepherd, whose own the sheep are not, seeth the wolf coming, and leaveth the sheep, and fleeth: and the wolf catcheth them, and scattereth the sheep. The hireling fleeth, because he is an hireling, and careth not for the sheep. I am the good shepherd, and know my sheep, and am known of mine. As the Father knoweth me, even so know I the Father: and I lay down my life for the sheep. And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice; and there shall be one fold, and one shepherd. Therefore doth my Father love me, because I lay down my life, that I might take it again. No man taketh it from me, but I lay it down of myself. I have power to lay it down, and I have power to take it again. This commandment have I received of my Father.

3. He Paid It All [1 Tm. 2:6, 1 Jn. 2:1-2]

-Who gave himself a ransom for all, to be testified in due time.

-My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous: And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world.

No comments:

 
mobile='yes'