Sunday, August 25, 2024

OH- IT SHOULD BE VERY PERSONAL!

JOHN 1:10-12

Pastor Rick Jackson

 

I. IT WAS PERSONAL TO OLD TESTAMENT BELIEVERS

1. Job spoke of “My Redeemer” [Job 19:25] For I know that my redeemer liveth, and that he shall stand at the latter day upon the earth:

2. David too, but added “My Shepherd [Ps. 19:14, Ps. 23:1]

-Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer.

- The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want.

3. Daniel testified of “My God” [Dan. 6:22] My God hath sent his angel, and hath shut the lions mouths, that they have not hurt me:

 

II. IT WAS PERSONAL TO NEW TESTAMENT BELIEVERS

1. Elisabeth and others recognized “My Lord” [Luke 1:43] And whence is this to me, that the mother of my Lord should come to me?

2. Mary rejoiced in “God My Saviour” [Luke 1:47] And my spirit hath rejoiced in God my Saviour.

3. Thomas worshipped “My Lord and my God” [Jn. 20:24-29]

But Thomas, one of the twelve, called Didymus, was not with them when Jesus came. The other disciples therefore said unto him, We have seen the Lord. But he said unto them, Except I shall see in his hands the print of the nails, and put my finger into the print of the nails, and thrust my hand into his side, I will not believe. And after eight days again his disciples were within, and Thomas with them: then came Jesus, the doors being shut, and stood in the midst, and said, Peace be unto you. Then saith he to Thomas, Reach hither thy finger, and behold my hands; and reach hither thy hand, and thrust it into my side: and be not faithless, but believing. And Thomas answered and said unto him, My Lord and my God. Jesus saith unto him, Thomas, because thou hast seen me, thou hast believed: blessed are they that have not seen, and yet have believed.

 

III. IT IS PERSONAL TO THE LORD JESUS CHRIST!

1. Jesus calls Christians “My Church” [Mt. 16:15-18]

He saith unto them, But whom say ye that I am? And Simon Peter answered and said, Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God. And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven. And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it

2. Jesus calls those that do His will “My Brethren” [Lk. 8:20-21, Hebrews 2:11]

- And it was told him by certain which said, Thy mother and thy brethren stand without, desiring to see thee. And he answered and said unto them, My mother and my brethren are these which hear the word of God, and do it.

- For both he that sanctifieth and they who are sanctified are all of one: for which cause he is not ashamed to call them brethren,

3. Jesus calls believers “My Sheep” [Jn. 10:26-27] But ye believe not, because ye are not of my sheep, as I said unto you. My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:

4. Jesus calls those that obey Him “My friends” [Jn. 15:14-15] Ye are my friends, if ye do whatsoever I command you. Henceforth I call you not servants; for the servant knoweth not what his lord doeth: but I have called you friends; for all things that I have heard of my Father I have made known unto you.

5. Jesus calls us “My disciples” [Jn. 13:35] Ye are my friends, if ye do whatsoever I command you. Henceforth I call you not servants; for the servant knoweth not what his lord doeth: but I have called you friends; for all things that I have heard of my Father I have made known unto you.

No comments:

 
mobile='yes'