Wednesday, November 23, 2022

THANKSGIVING FOR THE OBVIOUS AND THE OBSCURE

Pastor Rick Jackson

 

I. THANK GOD FOR FOOD [Matthew 15:36-37]

 

And he took the seven loaves and the fishes, and gave thanks, and brake them, and gave to his disciples, and the disciples to the multitude. And they did all eat, and were filled: and they took up of the broken meat that was left seven baskets full.

 

II. THANK GOD FOR CHRISTIAN FELLOWSHIPS [1 Thessalonians 1:2]

 

Paul, and Silvanus, and Timotheus, unto the church of the Thessalonians which is in God the Father and in the Lord Jesus Christ: Grace be unto you, and peace, from God our Father, and the Lord Jesus Christ. We give thanks to God always for you all, making mention of you in our prayers;

 

III. THANK GOD FOR CHRISTIAN FUTURESHIPS [Romans 1:7-13]

 

To all that be in Rome, beloved of God, called to be saints: Grace to you and peace from God our Father, and the Lord Jesus Christ. First , I thank my God through Jesus Christ for you all, that your faith is spoken of throughout the whole world. For God is my witness, whom I serve with my spirit in the gospel of his Son, that without ceasing I make mention of you always in my prayers; Making request, if by any means now at length I might have a prosperous journey by the will of God to come unto you. For I long to see you, that I may impart unto you some spiritual gift, to the end ye may be established; That is, that I may be comforted together with you by the mutual faith both of you and me. Now I would not have you ignorant, brethren, that oftentimes I purposed to come unto you, (but was let hitherto ,) that I might have some fruit among you also, even as among other Gentiles.

 

IV. THANK GOD FOR CHRISTIAN FRIENDS [2 Timothy 1:2-3, Philemon 1-4]

 

To Timothy, my dearly beloved son: Grace, mercy, and peace, from God the Father and Christ Jesus our Lord. I thank God, whom I serve from my forefathers with pure conscience, that without ceasing I have remembrance of thee in my prayers night and day;

Paul, a prisoner of Jesus Christ, and Timothy our brother, unto Philemon our dearly beloved, and fellowlabourer, And to our beloved Apphia, and Archippus our fellowsoldier, and to the church in thy house: Grace to you, and peace, from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ. I thank my God, making mention of thee always in my prayers,

 

V. THANK GOD THAT GOD HEARS OUR PRAYERS John 11:41

 

Then they took away the stone from the place where the dead was laid. And Jesus lifted up his eyes, and said, Father, I thank thee that thou hast heard me.

VI. THANK GOD FOR CHRISTIAN ENCOURAGEMENT [Acts 28: 14-15]

 

Where we found brethren, and were desired to tarry with them seven days: and so we went toward Rome. And from thence, when the brethren heard of us, they came to meet us as far as Appii forum, and The three taverns: whom when Paul saw, he thanked God, and took courage.

 

VII. THANK GOD FOR THE ASSURED VICTORY FOR CHRISTIANS [Rm. 7: 24-25]

 

O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from the body of this death? I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. So then with the mind I myself serve the law of God; but with the flesh the law of sin.

 

VIII. THANK GOD FOR KEEPING US OUT OF TROUBLES WE ARE IGNORANT OF [1 Cor. 1:14-17]

 

I thank God that I baptized none of you, but Crispus and Gaius; Lest any should say that I had baptized in mine own name. And I baptized also the household of Stephanas: besides, I know not whether I baptized any other. For Christ sent me not to baptize, but to preach the gospel: not with wisdom of words, lest the cross of Christ should be made of none effect.

 

IX. THANK GOD FOR ALL THINGS [Ephesians 5:20, 1 Thessalonians 5:18]

 

Giving thanks always for all things unto God and the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ;

In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you.

 

X. THANK GOD FOR GOD [Rev. 11: 15-18]

 

And the seventh angel sounded; and there were great voices in heaven, saying, The kingdoms of this world are become the kingdoms of our Lord, and of his Christ; and he shall reign for ever and ever. And the four and twenty elders, which sat before God on their seats, fell upon their faces, and worshipped God, Saying, We give thee thanks, O Lord God Almighty, which art, and wast, and art to come; because thou hast taken to thee thy great power, and hast reigned. And the nations were angry, and thy wrath is come, and the time of the dead, that they should be judged, and that thou shouldest give reward unto thy servants the prophets, and to the saints, and them that fear thy name, small and great; and shouldest destroy them which destroy the earth.

No comments:

 
mobile='yes'