Wednesday, April 11, 2012

A lesson to learn

From: sumner@sumnerwemp.com

       
When I was with Jerry Falwell at Liberty University, the atheletic department (AD) had the number one tennis player in the world coming to speak to the athletes. He was going to have lunch with him and already had about 15 students lined up to eat with them. The AD then asked me to eat with them. I replied, "If you are serious about getting him saved you need to get one person to eat with him alone to lead him to Christ."
 
The AD then said, "You eat with him."
 
Yes, the students were very disappointed but his salvation was far more important. It was fabulous, we hit it off and I had the wonderful joy of giving him the gospel and he received the Lord Jesus and got a big dose of salvation. We became good friends. I was in California and went to his home and his club house where he was the tennis pro and where he tried to give me all kinds of athletic equipment from their big store.
 
At that time I had a deep burden for Bob Hope, whom he knew personally and wanted to get me to move out there and he would get me with him and so many more stars he knew personally but God kept sending "no's." I have said all of this to tell you, don't run from big names. Many of them are hungry and open to the gospel. You must stay relaxed and rely on the Holy Spirit to do the convicting and converting.
 
Three chapters a day reading schedule:
Wed 4/11 Revelation 3-5
Thu 4/12 Revelation 6-8
Fri 4/13 Revelation 9-11
Sat 4/14 Revelation 12-14

 

No comments:

 
mobile='yes'