Monday, November 16, 2009

Clean and Confident, Part 1



 
Bill Rice Ranch - First Light Devotionals 
Psalm 17:3  "Thou hast proved mine heart; thou hast visited me in the night; thou hast tried me, and shalt find nothing; I am purposed that my mouth shall not transgress."
 

Clean and Confident, Part 1

 

 
Sometimes at night when I go to bed, my body is worn out but my mind is just getting warmed up! Does that ever happen to you? Or perhaps your spouse wants to discuss a really wonderful topic when you are a few winks away from snoring. What normally happens to me is that my mind will replay an event from the day. It may have been a one-minute event, but it becomes a five-hour blockbuster movie when my mind gets finished with it!
 
 
Many times, replaying the day's events at night is a matter of conscience. You are not ready for sleep until you're ready for life, and you are not ready for life until you're square with God. David could have confidence because of a clean conscience. The greatest confidence in the world is the confidence that comes from a clean conscience.
 
 
You will not and cannot always have confidence that comes from doing great things, but you can always have confidence that comes from doing the right thing. A man who is not a good man is not a great man. Good has more to do with your relationship with God than how gifted God may have made you.

 
 
Anyone this morning, regardless of ability or responsibility, can have the great confidence that comes with a clean conscience. That is exactly what David mentioned in Psalm 17, verse 3: "Thou hast tried me, and shalt find nothing."

 
 
Prayer Requests
:
- Revival services tonight in Starke, FL and Bradenton,FL
 
 
Check for revival services and events in your area on our website: billriceranch.org  
 
firstlight@billriceranch.org.
 
 
Bill Rice Ranch | 627 Bill Rice Ranch Road | Murfreesboro | TN | 37128

No comments:

 
mobile='yes'