Thursday, February 26, 2009

QUOTES OF THE WEEK!

Matthew 5:28 But I say unto you, That whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart. - Jesus

I would here sound a warning to all ladies: The solemn word of Jesus in this discourse should cause women to think on their manner of dress. The woman who dresses to entice men, who deliberately presents an appearance suggestive or tempting to men, is as guilty of adultery as the man who looks lustfully upon her! I thank God that even in this age of nudism there are still born-again Christian women who are careful of their manner of dress. A woman should be ... modest in her apparel and not invite the lustful attention of immoral men. -Oliver B. Greene

1 Timothy 2:9 In like manner also, that women adorn themselves in modest apparel, with shamefacedness and sobriety; not with broided hair, or gold, or pearls, or costly array; - Paul
-----------------------------------------------------

Galatians 4:13 Ye know how through infirmity of the flesh I preached the gospel unto you at the first.

2 Corinthians 12:10 Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ's sake: for when I am weak, then am I strong.

And that certainly is my desire. I've asked the Lord to help me stay alive all my life. You may think that's a strange request but I have known some people who died before they die. In fact at Emory Clinic I must have seen 200 people in the different waiting rooms where they had me scheduled. And people just looking straight ahead- wouldn't even pick up a magazine in front of them to read. -Missionary Glenn Dix testifying after being diagnosed with terminal cancer
--------------------------------------------------
There are Christians who are quick to witness and give out tracts to those who do any work for them, but by their way of doing business do not reflect any credit on the One whose name they proclaim. -George S. Syme Jr.

No comments:

 
mobile='yes'