Monday, September 25, 2023

GOD LOVES YOU BUT DOES GOD LIKE YOU?

 


1 CHR. 28:4       Howbeit the Lord God of Israel chose me before all the house of my father to be king over Israel for ever: for he hath chosen Judah to be the ruler; and of the house of Judah, the house of my father; and among the sons of my father he liked me to make me king over all Israel:                                                                      

Pastor Rick Jackson

 

Of course, we know, according to the Bible, God loves you. God loved us poor sinners so much [Jn. 3:16]. And Romans 5 reminds us that if God loved us enough to die for us as sinners how much more will He do for us who are now His children. But the question is not one of “love”, the question here is one of “like”. We are to love lost sinners even as God does but do we have to like them? Nay, nay, I say thee nay.

 

I. WHAT MADE GOD LIKE THE YOUNG DAVID?

 

1. I Believe God liked David because David had Faith in God [1 Sam. 17:37, Mk. 11:22, Heb. 11:6]

-David said moreover, The Lord that delivered me out of the paw of the lion, and out of the paw of the bear, he will deliver me out of the hand of this Philistine. And Saul said unto David, Go, and the Lord be with thee.

-And Jesus answering saith unto them, Have faith in God.

-But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.

 

2. I Believe God liked David because David had Faith in God’s Guidance [1 Sam. 17:39-40]

-And David girded his sword upon his armour, and he assayed to go; for he had not proved it. And David said unto Saul, I cannot go with these; for I have not proved them. And David put them off him. And he took his staff in his hand, and chose him five smooth stones out of the brook, and put them in a shepherd's bag which he had, even in a scrip; and his sling was in his hand: and he drew near to the Philistine.

3. I Believe God liked David because David wanted Others to Know God [1 Sam. 17:46]

-This day will the Lord deliver thee into mine hand; and I will smite thee, and take thine head from thee; and I will give the carcases of the host of the Philistines this day unto the fowls of the air, and to the wild beasts of the earth; that all the earth may know that there is a God in Israel.

 

II. WHAT MADE GOD LIKE THE MAN DAVID?

 

1.  I Believe God Liked David because God likes Uprightness [1 Chr. 29:17]

-I know also, my God, that thou triest the heart, and hast pleasure in uprightness. As for me, in the uprightness of mine heart I have willingly offered all these things: and now have I seen with joy thy people, which are present here, to offer willingly unto thee.

 

2. I Believe God Liked David because God likes Willing Hearts [1 Chronicles 29:9, Rm. 12:1]

-Then the people rejoiced, for that they offered willingly, because with perfect heart they offered willingly to the LORD: and David the king also rejoiced with great joy.

-I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service.

 

3.  I Believe God Liked David because God likes Joyful Worshippers [29:17, Jn. 4:23]

 

III. WHAT MADE GOD LIKE THE REPENTANT DAVID? [Ps. 51]

 

1. I Believe God Liked David because God likes Truth [v. 1-6]

 

2. I Believe God Liked David because God likes a Broken Spirit [v. 7-17a]

 

3. I Believe God Liked David because God likes Broken Heart [v. 17b-19, Mt. 5:4]

Blessed are they that mourn: for they shall be comforted.

No comments:

 
mobile='yes'