Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Quotes of the Week

No president who performs his duties faithfully and conscientiously can have any leisure. -- James K. Polk

Our most dangerous tendency is to expect too much of government, and at the same time do too little. -- Warren G. Harding

The invention of basketball was not an accident.  It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play "Drop the Handkerchief." -- James Naismith

Assassination can be no more guarded against than death by lightning; and it is best not to worry about either. -- James A. Garfield

Frequently the more trifling the subject, the more animated and protracted the discussion. -- Franklin Pierce

"Stay" is a charming word in a friend's vocabulary. -- Louisa May Alcott

Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first. -- Mark Twain

As to the presidency, the two happiest days of my life were those of my entrance upon the office and my surrender of it. -- Martin Van Buren
It's kind of fun to do the impossible. -- Walt Disney
I can make just such ones if I had tools, and I could make tools if I had tools to make them with. -- Eli Whitney

Everything I do is for my people. -- Sacajawea

I not only use all the brains that I have, but all that I can borrow. -- Woodrow Wilson

No comments:

 
mobile='yes'