Tuesday, June 26, 2007

look what God did at 4 a. m. this morning

This email from Sumner Wemp was too good to pass up so I'll pas it along! -Rick


At 4:15 this morning, in Los Vegas, I went to get a luggage carrier in the lobby of the motel and check out for we had to get to the airport by 5:30. The lady at the desk had read my tract, "Your Ticket to heaven". When I asked if she went up to the gates of heaven and they asked, "Why should we let you into heaven." which I have found will get the best answer to find our if they are saved.

She replied, "I have tried to be good to people."

When I said, "Suppose someone murdered your mother and said to the judge, I have tried to be good to people, please let me go free? Could or would the judge ed let them go free for that?" "Of course not" she replied and saw how ridiculous her answer was. We need to reason with people. Isa 1:18.

Then I told her how God loved her. This shocked her. She had not heard that before. Sadly, most unsaved people have not! Then I told how the Lord Jesus suffered and died on the cross for our sins, paid our debt in full, was buried, rose again and was seen by hundreds of people. In other words, I just gave her the gospel, the good news. "The whole issue is, did the Lord Jesus pay our debt of sin or didn't He." I have found this to be a big key to people really understanding how to be saved. It was beautiful, she caught it.

"I am married" I said and pointed to my ring on my finger. I am not married because I wear a ring but that preacher asked if I would take this woman to be my wife and made me answer out loud, "I do." Could you right now pray with me and tell God, "I do believe Jesus paid my debt of sin and I receive Him as my Savior too" She gladly prayed to receive the Lord Jesus and literally burst into tears. Suddenly she tried to control her tears and apologized for crying. I said, "Kind lady, don't be ashamed of those tears, they are beautiful." I wish you could have seen her, She began to bawl like a baby because of the peace and joy in her heart. Heaven came down as we both wept together at what God had done. Of course I told the pastor and they are going to follow up.

That is what life is all about. Look for the ones God has ready. Give the gospel, for it is the "power of God unto salvation." Too many try to get to "religious" or too "theological" go into all kinds of things. One preacher told how he always tells them about "original sin" to help get them under conviction. Merciful heavens, we are to give the gospel and let the Holy Spirit do the convicting. He is much better at convicting than we are.

Isn't God absolutely overwhelming to let us have a part in getting people to go to heaven! It humbles you beyond words and fills life with joy unspeakable. Share the gospel with someone today.

"... joy shall be in heaven over one sinner that repenteth more than over ninety and nine just persons which need no repentance" Lk 15:7. Therefore "Preach the gospel to every person" Mk 16:15. "How Christ died for our sins, (paid the debt in full) was buried and rose again and was seen by hundreds" 1 Cor 15:1-4. But though we are an angel from heaven preach any other gospel unto you, let him be accursed" Gal 1:8. Make sense? Have you believed and received Jesus? Do it now.

My tract! Sumner 1-877-872-2871 to order tracts

Give 1 2 every 1 go to http://www.gnpcb.org/product/663575730699 to see and get them.

No comments:

 
mobile='yes'