Friday, January 14, 2022

JOHN R. RICE QUOTES OF THE WEEK

 So in Psalm 37:4 the Lord says, "Delight thyself also in the LORD; and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart." Whatever your heart desires.

Mark 11:24, "Therefore I say unto you, What things soever ye desire, when ye pray, believe that ye receive them, and ye shall have them."
Again John 15:7, "If ye abide in me, and my words abide in you, ye shall ask what ye will, and it shall be done unto you."
Oh, ask what you will. I know we should come to God with the heart attitude, "Lord, if this is wrong, You show me and I will change my prayer." I know we ought to come and say, "Lord, I am not trying to go against You, but I want this."
I have a little trade with God- I am going to tell Him whatever I want and I am going to tell him, "Lord, this is what I want, and I think it is all right, but if it is wrong, You fix my 'wanter,' and I will want the right thing." You see, I ought to ask for whatever I want from God. So should you. We are God's dear children and He is our dear Father. But we ought to come with a loving heart, willing to have whatever he gives. - John R. Rice

God promises everlasting life to the believer, and that everlasting life is a PRESENT POSSESSION of the believer. John 3:36 says: "He that believeth on the Son HATH EVERLASTING LIFE." In modern English it simply says: "He that believes [or trusts] on the Son HAS EVERLASTING LIFE." That is literally what the Bible says. I have trusted Him, so I HAVE IT. THANK GOD, I HAVE EVERLASTING LIFE! The Scripture does not say that the believer WILL HAVE everlasting life, but says the believer HAS IT NOW.
The same thing is repeated again and again in the Bible. - John R. Rice

Many Christians think this blessed teaching is too good to be true and some call it a dangerous doctrine to say a saved man cannot be lost. But one is never on dangerous ground when he takes the promises of God.
What, then, is the basis for this great salvation? It is all in the merits of Christ. - John R. Rice

Many people suppose that Jesus did set up His kingdom when He was here on earth, that is, the prophesied restoration of the kingdom of David. They ignore some Scriptures and explain away others in trying to prove their point. Such people say that the promises in the Old Testament given to Jerusalem, Zion and Israel, must not be taken literally. They make all these promises refer to "the church." But that is a very great mistake. Mount Zion is the hill upon which Jerusalem is built. Zion, Jerusalem, and Israel never mean the church. The promised kingdom is not the church. Do not explain away the Bible, take it at face value. God's word says what it means and means what it says! And it plainly says that Christ will have a kingdom on this earth. That kingdom has not yet been set up. - John R. Rice

Something good is ahead. Something good is going to happen in 1979: God's daily care for His people; God saving those who come repenting and trusting in Him for salvation; God answering prayer for those who tell Him their needs. Yes, good things are ahead. I do not face the future with any sorrow or trouble of heart. Although I do not know the future, I know Him who holds and controls the future. - John R. Rice

The miracles of God are beyond your human comprehension. There are lots of things you don't understand. I don't understand how the three Hebrew children walked in the fiery furnace in the days of Nebuchadnezzar and came out alive, without even the smell of smoke on their garments. But that is in the realm of the miraculous and the eternal. Where you and I do not know enough to speak, we take what God says. - John R. Rice

Christ's coming is imminent. That means Jesus may come at any moment. That means there is no other prophesied event which must occur before Christ's coming. Nothing else needs to happen before Jesus may come. No signs need to precede it. Jesus may come today. He could come at any time since Pentecost. It is a glad event hanging over us for which we should expectantly await. The coming of Christ is imminent. - John R. Rice


No comments:

 
mobile='yes'