Sunday, May 31, 2020

THE PEACE OF THE CITY




Jeremiah 29:1-7

Pastor Rick Jackson

I. THE PEACE OF YOUR CITY [Jeremiah 29:7]

1. Be Involved [v. 4-7]

"Seek" darash, daw-rash'; a primitive root; properly, to tread or frequent; usually to follow (for pursuit or search)
Christians ought be good citizens- be informed, vote, do your other civic duty [jury duty, report crimes, etc.]
This was not an ideal situation, but it was the will of God [v. 4]

2. Be Interceding "pray" [1 Tm. 2:1-6, Jer. 29:7b]

3. Be Illuminating [Mt. 5:13-16]

II. THE PEACE OF JERUSALEM [Psalm 122:6] Pray for the peace of Jerusalem: they shall prosper that love thee.

1. Pray for the Jews [Ps. 122:6-7]

Pray for the peace of Jerusalem: they shall prosper that love thee. Peace be within thy walls, and prosperity within thy palaces.

2. Present the Messiah [v. 8, Rom. 10:1] through personal testimony and missions

For my brethren and companions sakes, I will now say, Peace be within thee.
Brethren, my heart's desire and prayer to God for Israel is, that they might be saved.

3. Prepare for the Future [Ps. 122, Rm. 11]

III. THE PEACE OF ANY CITY

1. Dependent Upon the Prince of Peace [Isaiah 48:22]

There is no peace, saith the LORD, unto the wicked.
Isaiah 26:3 Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee: because he trusteth in thee.

2. Dependent upon the Permeation of the Gospel [Genesis 18:32]

And he said, Oh let not the Lord be angry, and I will speak yet but this once: Peradventure ten shall be found there. And he said, I will not destroy it for ten's sake.

3. Dependent upon the Prayers of God's People [2 Chr. 7:14]

If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

No comments:

 
mobile='yes'