Monday, April 21, 2008

"The most important Mentor, I have given, please read it, if nothing else‏!"

From: SWemp@aol.com
Sent:Mon 4/21/08 11:20 PM

Learn to learn! We are never to old to learn something. While attending Dallas theological Semnary one thing I learned was that every word in the Bible was there on purpose, put there by God! The last thing Jesus said before leaving was to "Preach the Gospel (every word of it) to every person" Mk 16:15.

I declare unto you the gospel:

1. Christ died for our sins,
2. He was buried,
3. He rose again,
4. and was seen by hundreds."

That is the full gospel, not another gospel (Gal 1:6) for if you do [preach another gospel], God says, "Let him be accursed" (Gal 1:8-9). That is strong language. Paul said, and I join him, "I am set for the defence of the gospel" (Phil 1:16).

Look what can happen when we do preach the full gospel. One of you wrote me.

Dr. Wemp, Wednesday nights I teach through the Book of Exodus. At the end of teaching, I always give an invitation by presenting the Gospel. Well, honestly I had not been sharing that 4 th point how that He was seen, etc. I did that this week and we had 3 salvation decisions. When I presented the Gospel with all 4 points, I couldn't believe it...they raised their hands and then got up and came forward so altar workers could work with them. WOW! Thank you so much, Pastor

Way to often there are two facts left out that I feel are vital.

1. Christ died for our sins.Listen carefully and you will hear, Christ died on the cross. So did those two thieves die on a cross. That is not the gospel. O you will hear, "Christ died for us" those military people are dying for us. That is not the gospel. The problem is we have all sinned, and the wages of sins is death. The good news is Christ died for our sins, paid our debt in full.

2. He was buried" proof He was dead.

3. He rose again and is alive forever more to be our Savior.

4. "He was seen by hundreds" This is hardly every mentioned and yet before Peter could preach at Pentecost they had to elect another one to take Judas place, (read Acts 1:3, :22, 25) and be a witness that He is alive and was seen by hundreds. No other "savior" was seen alive after he once died. Look up how many times it says "He was seen" . Read 1 Cor 15:5-8. It will surprise you and may wake you up to preach the full gospel and see more saved.

Remember, "the gospel is the power of God unto salvation to everyone who believes" (Rom 1:16). It is not "cheap believism" it believing what God told us to preach and so many do not do it or preach only part. God’s gift of salvation did not come cheap. The Lord Jesus suffered and died for our sins and it is what people need to know, "understand" and believe, trust, to get them to heaven. Selah.

ABC Sumner

Go to www.sumnerwemp.com read the illustration, I am sure you will use it very soon, every day when I give someone "Your ticket to Heaven" at least one person will say, "I need that" One did today and I always say "we all do, read it and do what it says from your heart at the end. Call 1-877-872-2871, ask for "sales" to order them. I get NOTHING

Preach the true gospel, all four points, how that

1. Christ died for our sins
2. He was buried
3. He rose again
4. He was seen by hundreds.
This full gospel is the power of God unto salvation to those who believe this gospel will save and prays to receive the Lord Jesus as his personal Savior. Please do it now and write us about it.

All Because of Calvary, C. Sumner Wemp.

Call 1-877-872-2871 to order my tract "Your Ticket to Heaven"

No comments:

 
mobile='yes'